The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Pierre-Luc Dubois has requested a trade

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

Yes but he didn’t just sign an extension and got traded he was traded while he had no trade protection yet from his long ass contract so he knew there was always possibility he gets traded till that kicks in 

And trading Miller before his trade protection kicks in would be the same kind of thing.

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Haha! JT would lose his mind in Winterpeg. He and his family love it here in Van city. 

JT is staying.

That trade would also cause other players being reluctant to signing extensions here. Especially when one gets traded that quickly and to such an undesirable place. Gives the Canucks a bad name. 

Bad move all around. 

I don't think that trade is happening, but I think it's a pretty even split on whether he's moved or not.  The UFA crop is pretty slim, so that makes Miller very valuable at the draft

• Like 3

Just now, King Heffy said:

And trading Miller before his trade protection kicks in would be the same kind of thing.

No it isn’t you trading a guy that signed his max contract expecting to retire here vs a guy that have the expectation he might get traded half way thru his contract Richards had no control over his contract when he signed for the first 5 years miller does. You think miller signs that contract if he remotely even thinks he’s going to get traded prior to the contract kicking in?

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

No it isn’t you trading a guy that signed his max contract expecting to retire here vs a guy that have the expectation he might get traded half way thru his contract Richards had no control over his contract when he signed for the first 5 years miller does. You think miller signs that contract if he remotely even thinks he’s going to get traded prior to the contract kicking in?

Richards had just signed his deal too, as had Carter.  Neither were expecting to be traded.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Richards had just signed his deal too, as had Carter.  Neither were expecting to be traded.

If I’m not mistaken Subban was traded either before his new 8 year contract started or 1 year in to the contract before his NMC kicked in as well 

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

mike richards was signed in 2007 like 3 or 4 years before he was traded

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If I’m not mistaken Subban was traded either before his new 8 year contract started or 1 year in to the contract before his NMC kicked in as well 

subban was traded 2 years after his contract started and that's his issue for not negotiating a no trade for the entire contract or is there some rules with RFA not allowed to have any trade protection

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

mike richards was signed in 2007 like 3 or 4 years before he was traded

subban was traded 2 years after his contract started and that's his issue for not negotiating a no trade for the entire contract or is there some rules with RFA not allowed to have any trade protection

Yes, only UFA years can have protection.

17 hours ago, kodos said:

I am completely perplexed as to why anyone would suggest we trade for this guy. It is so beyond obvious that he's going to Montreal, and Montreal only. 

That's the script.  But it's hockey and it often doesn't follow the script. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I don't think that trade is happening, but I think it's a pretty even split on whether he's moved or not.  The UFA crop is pretty slim, so that makes Miller very valuable at the draft

Miller has already had this happen to him once.   People need to let go of the idea he's going anywhere.   All he wants to do is win, and win a cup with the Canucks.   When is the last time we've had anyone actually promote this on an ongoing basis?   We could do a lot worse.   Maybe PLD is a lot worse.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Everyone thinks if we do this nobody will sign here.  Over and over we see this stated on this board.

That is silly conjecture and players almost never look at it that way.  

Players see money, term and location not what happened to another player at some point in the past.

That is the game.  He got a $56M contract he can complain all he wants.

You’re wrong. JT could have easily got more in free agency. It’s the wrong message to other players, not just JT. 

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Miller has already had this happen to him once.   People need to let go of the idea he's going anywhere.   All he wants to do is win, and win a cup with the Canucks.   When is the last time we've had anyone actually promote this on an ongoing basis?   We could do a lot worse.   Maybe PLD is a lot worse.   

Were there negotiations between Van and Pit at the tdl?

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

You’re wrong. JT could have easily got more in free agency. It’s the wrong message to other players, not just JT. 

No you’re wrong. :P
What use is even posting that. 
Evidence has shown again and again that a player will do what they feel serves them best at that time. They don’t care if JTM got traded before his NMC kicks in.  They understand this is a business trades can happen at any time. 
You are just wrong here.  

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

No your wrong. :P
What use is even posting that. 
Evidence has shown again and again that a player will do what they feel serves them best at that time. They don’t care if JTM got traded before his NMC kicks in.  They understand this is a business trades can happen at any time. 
You are just wrong here.  

You're both wrong.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

Were there negotiations between Van and Pit at the tdl?

Were there?  Or was it just interest.  I'm not saying it won't happen, it just seems pretty unlikely at this point.   It seems like there is a certain element that wanted him traded for what NYR were offering.   I wanted both Horvat and Miller to stay, but not at the combined cap hit they both got.    And do think they backed the right horse.   The complacency in this club has seemed to persist for a very very long time, and grew tired of it a long time ago.   Smack the stick on the goalies net is actually a pretty funny thing, he made the dumb play that made him smack the stick.   But at that moment was still right to smack his stick.   Personally feel the Canucks have been vanilla at best, for so long I don't even know what to say.   We get a guy that not only puts the team on his back for half a season, but has some colour,  and so many complaints we've lacked that for awhile.   Really to me he's a lot like Jovo was.   Just in the top

six/top pairing.   Team needs some fire.   Trading him for PLD seems smart on paper given the age difference, but i'd bet he won't produce more and he's also a bit of an entitled little shit given he's asking for a trade.   JT Miller did his time, making a lot less than what he was worth.   I for one won't complain if he drops to 60 points next season on the second line, but expect a lot of others will.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1