The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cal Foote 24 -RD - 6'5 - 220 Might be Unqualified ? Nashville

47 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Which is why my original post said, he is a 3rd pairing guy with potential upside.

Burroughs is already better than Foote. More physical, more reliable. Foote on a two way contract where he can get better in the minors maybe makes sense.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hey,     in the possibility of a Dad / Son relationship in this scenario,

Adam is totally allowed to beat his kid into excellence   ;) 

Maybe ask Alex Burrows, how statements like yours work out?

Iirc he took quite a bit of heat for saying something similar.

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hey,     in the possibility of a Dad / Son relationship in this scenario,

Adam is totally allowed to beat his kid into excellence   ;) 

Worked with the Lowry’s. Adam doesn’t seem like the type of person to take exceptions, it was never the type of player he was. 

We bring back Schenn then Cal has a good role model as well. Schenn has someone he can pass the torch to. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Maybe ask Alex Burrows, how statements like yours work out?

Iirc he took quite a bit of heat for saying something similar.

Was out of line but P.O.S. (man does a players initials do seems to describe individual perfectly :ph34r:) has been milking for sympathy from that decades later.

• Upvote 1

Just had a quick look at his stats / NHL Vs Junior.    Roughly .4 ppg in Junior.

AHL  not bad either.

24 yrs old ,   Not being able to crack the line up in Tampa for the last 3 seasons is understandable,  same with showing with Nashville for only 24 games on a new team as a late season trade.

His Junior stats are fine or better for the type of player he is .. physical, fearless.

Just needs the right opportunity/ coach staff.

Here answering to B Dillon .

Definitely knows when to answer for the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just had a quick look at his stats / NHL Vs Junior.    Roughly .4 ppg in Junior.

AHL  not bad either.

24 yrs old ,   Not being able to crack the line up in Tampa for the last 3 seasons is understandable,  same with showing with Nashville for only 24 games on a new team as a late season trade.

His Junior stats are fine or better for the type of player he is .. physical, fearless.

He seems like to no brainer move to me. No risk, low cost. If he pans out Schenn 2.0 but younger and bigger. Could end up carrying a 3rd pairing for years which is what you need. D(and C) depth is super important on a playoff team. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He seems like to no brainer move to me. No risk, low cost. If he pans out Schenn 2.0 but younger and bigger. Could end up carrying a 3rd pairing for years which is what you need. D(and C) depth is super important on a playoff team. 

Yeah, I've always pulled for Cal Foote, from hoping without a chance at his draft, and then as his career progressed.

This is also exactly the "look for a player drafted high that teams are not that high on right now, that could benefit from a new chance, etc."

Heads Up Comparison: Tryamkin or Foote?  And why not both?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, I've always pulled for Cal Foote, from hoping without a chance at his draft, and then as his career progressed.

This is also exactly the "look for a player drafted high that teams are not that high on right now, that could benefit from a new chance, etc."

Heads Up Comparison: Tryamkin or Foote?  And why not both?

More D depth the better. Injuries happen and you need that depth for the playoffs. Those young D will cook on a stacked AHL team then get the call when guys get hurt as they always do. 

I would look to add some NHL vets too. Don’t slouch on Ds and Cs depth. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wildcam said:
  • Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman cites colleague Jeff Marek to report that the two restricted free agents the Nashville Predators will issue qualifying offers are center Cody Glass and defenseman Alexandre Carrier. That means notable players such as 2017 first-round pick Cal Foote and capable defensive winger Rasmus Asplund will hit the open market. It’s somewhat a surprise to see Foote go unqualified, seeing that he was recently acquired as part of the Tanner Jeannottrade and does have a first-round pedigree.
  • Sam Steel won’t be issued a qualifying offer by the Minnesota Wild, according to The Athletic’s Michael Russo. Steel had a decent season with the Wild, scoring 10 goals and 28 points playing at times in the team’s number-one center role. But the Wild could be weary of Steel’s arbitration potential given their dire cap issues, so he’ll now have a chance to hit the open market in a few days.
  • I like Cal Foote lots of upside and would add toughness say 1 yr X 950,000 - One way deal,  show me more ?

Also seeing Puljujarvi's not getting qualified.

7 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Also seeing Puljujarvi's not getting qualified.

Puljiujarvi just under went double hip surgery, he'll be out for 8 months. Foote and Asplund wouldn't be bad adds, if for nothing else than more depth

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

AHL  not bad either.

You mean .4 ppg in the AHL? Junior was way higher. He had 70 points in 60 points his last year in Kelowna.

I vaguely remember Canucks fans salivating over this guy like with Madison Bowey.

From what I read he is big, and doesn’t do anything well. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CR7 said:

Puljiujarvi just under went double hip surgery, he'll be out for 8 months. Foote and Asplund wouldn't be bad adds, if for nothing else than more depth

That’s odd for a young man..   

I get that it’s hips,

But I wonder what the underlying issue is ?

Genetics? Wear/tear ? Injuries?