The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Canucks Development Camp

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Crucial that Podz and Hogz take a step this year. Minimum at least one of them 

Every year, I (at least subconsciously) base my optimism of the team making the playoffs on pretty much every player having a career year when I look at the roster. I mean, why not? Everyone has more experience and has had a chance to train hard over the summer, and after years of missing the playoffs everyone should be motivated. If everyone on the Canucks has a career year then I'm sure they are a solid playoff team, but we all know that never happens. That's why I'm hedging my bets.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Every year, I (at least subconsciously) base my optimism of the team making the playoffs on pretty much every player having a career year when I look at the roster. I mean, why not? Everyone has more experience and has had a chance to train hard over the summer, and after years of missing the playoffs everyone should be motivated. If everyone on the Canucks has a career year then I'm sure they are a solid playoff team, but we all know that never happens. That's why I'm hedging my bets.

I see it as we were 10th last year offensively while guys like Mikhayev,  Pearson and Hoglander weren't really, or at all a part of the team. There is also the huge turnaround from guys like JT, Podkolzin and Garland once they were away from Bruce and his head scratching deployment of players.

I am really curious to see this team and all the changes under a full camp with the new staff.

On 7/6/2023 at 6:45 PM, Pure961089 said:

What do you think?

Mikheyev - Petey  Kuzmenko

Beauvillier - Miller - Boeser 

Garland - Blu - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Aman - Joshua

Pearson - Sasson - PDG

That top 6 could be absolutely filthy.  Even if Boes is "just" a 20-25 goal scorer, Kuzy, Petey and Miller can put up 30+.  Mik and Beau 20+.  Boes finally hitting 30 is also a possibility.

Interested to see how the bottom 6 shakes out.  Aman/Sasson for the 4C role.  Can Bluegar finally solve our 3C woes.   Will we finally move a winger?

We're obviously set in net.  On D it's a matter of who plays with whom.  Partners for Hughes, Hronek, Myers, all on seperate pairs.

Pretty happy with the quick build up of the organization.  The defense pool now looks deep with a blue chipper on top.  We now can turn our sights on building center depth, along with continuing to develop defense.

We've been somewhat of a goalie factory the past decade and a half and Silovs looks to follow that trend.  I hope that continues and bleeds into the defense group.  

On 7/6/2023 at 6:45 PM, Pure961089 said:

What do you think?

Mikheyev - Petey  Kuzmenko

Beauvillier - Miller - Boeser 

Garland - Blu - Podkolzin

Hoglander - Aman - Joshua

Pearson - Sasson - PDG

I want to see a healthy Mikheyev, the short season with the team last season makes me wonder, how's he going to look skating on two legs this season?

A review of each NHL teams development camp. Here's the Vcr review

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Having traded away 2020 and 2021 first-round picks as well as second-rounders in 2020, 2022 and 2023, development camp was a reminder of just how thin the Canucks prospect pool is for top-end talent. Headliners at this year’s event included 2022 first-round selection Jonathan Lekkerimaki and 2023 first-round pick Tom Willander. 

Otherwise, the key players at camp were 2020 third-rounder Joni Jurmo and fellow defenseman (the other) Elias Pettersson, a third choice in 2022. Among the intriguing participants was 6-foot-6 Belarusian netminder Nikita Tolopilo signed as a free agent after a strong season with Sodertalje in the Swedish Allsvenskan. - Jeff Paterson