The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Brock's assist bumps him into 84th in all-time Canuck scoring.  Always interesting when someone approaches Neely.

83.  Cam Neely RW 201 51 53 104
84.  Brock Boeser RW 122 54 49 103
85.  Donald Brashear LW 388 50 53 103
86.  Hilliard Graves LW 196 42 61 103

On 2/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, chilliwiggins said:

I think that's going to be to high for what he is putting up.   subtract all his grade A power play points and time and what does that leave you with? subtract 12 pts.    don't look that he is blowing away Roussel by very much if you look at it that way.  Scheifele is making 6.125 mil AND IS A BETTER PLAYER.

Take away Scheifele’s “grade A PP points” and he’s down nearly 20 points. Lol. Not sure what your point is. Scheifele signed his deal at a different time as well. Kids are making bank now. Nylander got 7mil for two 60 point seasons. Draisaitl 8.5mil for one 70 point season. These will likely be Brock’s comparables whether you agree or not. He’s pretty much a 30 goal scorer, I’d say if we get him at 8 years, 7.5mil we should thank our lucky stars.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Were Boeser and EP40 calling Horvat 'Cap'? Or was that directed at someone else?  I was referring to the clip from the Dice & Ice gala they played during the intermission.

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

Centermen are worth more and especially players that are not one dimensional.   Boeser's game has become predictable.   has a good shot not an elite shot.  Konecny isn't playing in a sheltered position, he plays in all situations. 

?

When I say shelterd I mean Konecny has the luxury of playing behind Philly's top forwards.  Let me connect the dots for you. That means the other team focuses their best checkers and d men on the Philly's top players, and Konecny gets the luxury of not facing them While here in Vancouver the top line faces the other team's best.  

One dimensional boeser put up more assists last year in 20 less games than your boy in Philly.  This year Boeser has 1 more assist in 13 less games.  Yeah, one dimensional.

Can't wait for Pettersson to go on a 10 game slump so you can trade him too...lol....

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Centermen are worth more and especially players that are not one dimensional.   Boeser's game has become predictable.   has a good shot not an elite shot.  Konecny isn't playing in a sheltered position, he plays in all situations.   CDC'ers are calling on Boeser to get 7.5 smill a year or more, Konecny I bet is going to get Horvat kinda money.   What your missing in my point is getting sutter out of town and replacing him with Konecny who can play in ALL SITUATIONS, much like his cousin Horvat.   Konecny will be under 5 mil I'm betting, and Boeser much higher.   Think about it.   your freeing up maybe 7 mil, and improving your center depth, and taking hard minutes from Horvat.   It's not inconceivable

Boeser won the accuracy challenge, but I guess that makes him adequate not elite.:bigblush:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Brock Had back surgery and then Groin troubles to start the year. He had wrist surgery the year before. Brock needs to get a long summer to work out. Early summer would the best for all.d be the best thing for 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Brock Had back surgery and then Groin troubles to start the year. He had wrist surgery the year before. Brock needs to get a long summer to work out. Early summer would the best for all.d be the best thing for 

Did Brock actually have surgery?  I think he recupted but had no surgery.  OJ had back surgery.  Maybe that is who you are thinking of.  Brock will benefit from an injury free summer of training. 

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

His performance this year might be a blessing In disguise, could potentially get him Locked up for cheaper. I would push hard this summer for 6 mill and long term 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

Centermen are worth more and especially players that are not one dimensional.   Boeser's game has become predictable.   has a good shot not an elite shot.  Konecny isn't playing in a sheltered position, he plays in all situations.   CDC'ers are calling on Boeser to get 7.5 smill a year or more, Konecny I bet is going to get Horvat kinda money.   What your missing in my point is getting sutter out of town and replacing him with Konecny who can play in ALL SITUATIONS, much like his cousin Horvat.   Konecny will be under 5 mil I'm betting, and Boeser much higher.   Think about it.   your freeing up maybe 7 mil, and improving your center depth, and taking hard minutes from Horvat.   It's not inconceivable

18cbecaa7c0fd44d4e341166d0243c1c.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

oh ya your right he has played less games because of his ongoing injury issues,  hmm another factor to consider

did it take you all morning to come up with that?

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

nope just looking at needs...   one is ridding salary of poor signings, (sutter), the other is improving the team in the same motion.   Boeser is going to be over paid by all CDC accounts, and not blowing the doors off say a Konecny comparison.   so ridding 4 mil sutter contract, trading are 8 million dollar man, for konecny, your behind a bit in points, BUT, you have probably freed up 8 million dollars in the transaction per season.    Now your in the Panarin sweepstakes...    add konecny and pannarin together for what you had in comparison to boeser and sutter and your better off.

...they have enough cap to sign Panarin without having to trade Boeser for an inferior player.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

nope just looking at needs...   one is ridding salary of poor signings, (sutter), the other is improving the team in the same motion.   Boeser is going to be over paid by all CDC accounts, and not blowing the doors off say a Konecny comparison.   so ridding 4 mil sutter contract, trading are 8 million dollar man, for konecny, your behind a bit in points, BUT, you have probably freed up 8 million dollars in the transaction per season.    Now your in the Panarin sweepstakes...    add konecny and pannarin together for what you had in comparison to boeser and sutter and your better off.

Trade Sutter? One of the many reasons we are losing is because Sutter is out. Horvat has to take D draws which limits us to one O line, Pettersson is getting tired. When Sutter and Beagle cover the backend, Horvat and Pettersson can roll the O zone.