The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

Brise just getting to play and show how he can start to fit in was awesome.  Hopefully he gets a couple games and goes back to learn how to put what he learned into his game for the next time.  Think this kid is a gamer and someone who can play the cool calm Tanev role in a couple years and be the rock for someone like what we hope Rathbone will be . 

• Upvote 2

On 2/5/2019 at 3:40 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Doesn’t stop them from playing gudbranson. :ph34r:  I kid. I kid. 

I’m not a Gudbranson fan, but at least he wrought a little vengeance on Getzlaff - he needs to be paired up with a good puck mover, cuz that sure isn’t Gudbranson’s strength.

I liked brises first kick at the can game last night. So calm on the ice ,passes were right on,fought in the corners , always shoulder checking  for anyone sneakin in on the back door. Funny , his calm demeener on the ice had a soothing effect on me as a fan when in our own zone. Looking forward to watching him play again.

2 hours ago, Dannydog said:

I liked brises first kick at the can game last night. So calm on the ice ,passes were right on,fought in the corners , always shoulder checking  for anyone sneakin in on the back door. Funny , his calm demeener on the ice had a soothing effect on me as a fan when in our own zone. Looking forward to watching him play again.

Agreed. He showed no panic when pressured. I was surprised when he chased a King out to the blue line trying to check him. 10 minutes of TOI. I would like to see him play a couple of more games.  

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think this kid gets enough credit. He's only 21 and although I wasn't able to watch the full game tonight I thought he looked very solid in the parts I did watch. He could easily be fighting with Juolevi for a 3rd pairing role next season.

If the Canucks do resign Edler then I can see Hutton being a pretty valuable trade piece this offseason. Not sure if he could fetch a 1st but he definitely has a lot of value after this season.

Edler

Hughes

UFA/Sautner/Brisebois/Teves/Juolevi fighting for that third pair role next season wouldn't surprise me. Most likely to see a vet UFA signed to a one-two year contract to insulate but be a traceable piece once Hughes improves and another rookie steps up.

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I don't think this kid gets enough credit. He's only 21 and although I wasn't able to watch the full game tonight I thought he looked very solid in the parts I did watch. He could easily be fighting with Juolevi for a 3rd pairing role next season.

Not directed at you personally but I got a small giggle out the 'he's only 21' when, to many people on here, Juolevi's a bust at 20 :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

If the Canucks do resign Edler then I can see Hutton being a pretty valuable trade piece this offseason. Not sure if he could fetch a 1st but he definitely has a lot of value after this season.

Edler

Hughes

UFA/Sautner/Brisebois/Teves/Juolevi fighting for that third pair role next season wouldn't surprise me. Most likely to see a vet UFA signed to a one-two year contract to insulate but be a traceable piece once Hughes improves and another rookie steps up.

I like Brisebois, but OJ is an offensively gifted guy, who puts up serious points.  

• Cheers 1

I thought Brisebois was alright in the game against NYR, but I believe Sautner is the better Dman. Juolevi and Chatfield haven't played an NHL game yet, which is why they're at the bottom.

Edler

Tanev

Hughes

Stecher

Hutton

Sautner

Biega

Schenn

McEneny

Pouliot

Brisebois

Juolevi

Chatfield

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Neither has hughes lol

I think in three years, when our newly built young core is starting to compete on a much higher level, our D will look a lot different than right now.

For sure we will have Hughes, OJ, and Stecher.  Who else though will be here: Woo and Rathbone?  

Edited by Alflives