The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jarmo Kekäläinen fielding offers for Ryan Johansen

Mathew Barzal

1 hour ago, granpappy said:

why would we trade for him now?  we would give up up assets and supposedly drafting position.  a ufa signing will cost us nothing and we should be ready to compete by then

Because everyone sees diamonds when they look at Johansen! Forget any logic! lol

On 24/11/2015, 17:17:04, suitup said:

Honestly, call me crazy but I wouldn't mind surrounding a deal around Bo Horvat. Johansen is young, local, proven true #1 center, incredibly skilled, and has above average defense. We're lacking a true #1 center and we can build around him.

I'd trade Bo Horvat+ 2nd round+Hamhuis. 

EDIT: Out team would look something like this after

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baertschi Johansen Vrbata

Higgins Sutter Burrows

Prust McCann Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Sbisa

Bartowski-Weber

Miller

Markstrom

Got to give to get.

It would be more like Horvat + a 1st + prospect. No way they take Hamhuis in a year where they're more than likely to miss playoffs

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

But, but, but, bc boy! Screw logic! He's a bc boy!

One thing about Torts, even with all his warts, he calls a spade a spade.  He called out Johansen as a floater, and I take him on his word.  He's an astute hockey guy.

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

you go after a player like this if you want to be competitive and remotely have a chance to bring a cup to this city while the sedins are still here. We need proper secondary scoring we have none 

While RyJo would certainly provide the secondary scoring we would still need to somehow fabricate a worthy defense corps. Which I don't see happening especially after giving up the required assets to CBJ. Although a 1-2 punch of the sedins and RyJo are fun to fantasize about, we aren't winning a cup with a bottom 4 of hamhuis, hutton, bart, sbisa.

To be honest, I think the only chance the Sedins have to win a cup with Vancouver is if we somehow manage to draft a high profile defenseman that happens to mature quickly and goes on to tear up the league. We have no offense (or defense for that matter) from our Dmen atm. We are losing Hamhuis one way or the other, even if he resigns at a decreased rate he is not what he used to be. Which leaves us with Tanev, Edler, (hamhuis), and Sbisa. Our/The Sedins only hope is for us to grab a Subban/OEL out of one of these drafts. Maybe we win the lottery and trade the top pick (matthews) for Chychrun +. It is a pipe dream but that is what I believe to be required for us to win a cup within the next 4 years.

7 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

While RyJo would certainly provide the secondary scoring we would still need to somehow fabricate a worthy defense corps. Which I don't see happening especially after giving up the required assets to CBJ. Although a 1-2 punch of the sedins and RyJo are fun to fantasize about, we aren't winning a cup with a bottom 4 of hamhuis, hutton, bart, sbisa.

To be honest, I think the only chance the Sedins have to win a cup with Vancouver is if we somehow manage to draft a high profile defenseman that happens to mature quickly and goes on to tear up the league. We have no offense (or defense for that matter) from our Dmen atm. We are losing Hamhuis one way or the other, even if he resigns at a decreased rate he is not what he used to be. Which leaves us with Tanev, Edler, (hamhuis), and Sbisa. Our/The Sedins only hope is for us to grab a Subban/OEL out of one of these drafts. Maybe we win the lottery and trade the top pick (matthews) for Chychrun +. It is a pipe dream but that is what I believe to be required for us to win a cup within the next 4 years.

Not happening and not happening!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2015 at 8:32 PM, Alflives said:

One thing about Torts, even with all his warts, he calls a spade a spade.  He called out Johansen as a floater, and I take him on his word.  He's an astute hockey guy.

hahaha, he is most definitley not an astute hockey guy. I'll give you a guy who calls a spade a spade.

Dreger: I reported weeks ago teams were calling #CBJ on Ryan Johansen. "I wonder now if Kekalainen isn't starting to make those calls..."

8 retweets 2 likes

On 12/2/2015 at 9:32 PM, Alflives said:

LOL, good one.

If the Blue Jackets like Torts so much, maybe we can give them their draft pick back that they gave up for him and they gave send Johansen home to be mentored by the Sedins to be the hall of famer that he has the skill to become.

1 hour ago, HenButton said:

Dreger: I reported weeks ago teams were calling #CBJ on Ryan Johansen. "I wonder now if Kekalainen isn't starting to make those calls..."

8 retweets 2 likes

I think it came out in a Benning interview when he mentioned getting a rental centre that he had made calls regarding duchene and johansen but the price was steep at The time 

Archived