The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why?  Dubois might be a bust.  If any of the top five bust, he's the one that could.  I like our pick.  We need a number one D. 

Juolevi isn't a number one D. He isn't close to Weber Keith Subban etc. Think top 4. And Dubois is a bust cuz we didn't get him lolollolol. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this pick. Top 4 dmen are much more valuable than top 6 wingers.

I don't know why everyone throws out terms like top 4 dmen and top 6 wingers.... got vague?

This guy will fit in quite nicely with the bruisers we have in place already. His smooth skating and crisp passes will be a good compliment toward balancing out what we already (hopefully) have in Hutton, Tryamkin, Tanev, and Gudbranson. Assuming, of course, that they're all still here when Juolevi makes the team. 

It's a safe pick, and I wanted a top defenceman in this draft so I got my wish. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blueberries said:

Juolevi isn't a number one D. He isn't close to Weber Keith Subban etc. Think top 4. And Dubois is a bust cuz we didn't get him lolollolol. 

I was actually wondering how long it would take for some who had been ALL over getting him to start labeling him a bust now that we don't have him.

Remarkable really.

• Upvote 1

Cool, offensive D a notch or 2 above Edler. Less physicality but more cucumber to him.

On the squad for 16-17.... 20% chance but he doesn't seem far off, he's got the reach and the mind.

Hopefully he realizes how lucky he is to come to British Columbia.

Edited by Western Red

1 minute ago, McHortanen said:

Why take McCann when Kylington is available

Why take Boeser when Konecny is there

Why trade Bonino for Sutter

Why trade a 2nd for Baertschi

Oh we don't have a true #1 Dman we don't need offense!

God dam it Benning why the hell would you take the best Dman in the draft over the 5th ranked forward?!?!?

Typical CDC lol

Great pick Benning now trade Edler for Jost!

Going to agree on you on most parts but people were saying a week ago Tkachuck would have been the 3rd overall and is NHL ready and in the playoffs it shows that he can score, something Vancouver needs (29th last year) as much as Defense. 

My feeling was if Dubois was gone by 5 then we were getting Juolevi over Tkachuk, even though I would prefer a little more elite winger prospects at the moment myself. Looking forward to seeing what the kid can do, probably will see him in the lineup in 2-3 years.