The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

4 hours ago, joe-max said:

Just for fun: What if JB had picked only consensus top picks:

2018: Filip Zadina (consensus ~3: 13 points in 18 games in the AHL, -6)

2017: Gabe Vilardi (consensus ~4/5: 0 points in 1 AHL game, -1)

2016: Jesse Puljujärvi (consensus 3: career high: 28 points, currently in Liiga in Finland)

2015: Ivan Provorov (consensus 6: career high 41 points, this year 14 in 22)

this makes absolutely zero sense. How could canucks take the consensus pick you are listing when that player was already off the board.  All you did is cherry pick some players taken ahead that’s haven’t turned out. That makes no logical sense. You might as well claim he could have drafted the “consensus” McDavid Matthews dahlin with that type of logic. 

you can’t control what teams ahead of you do only what you can do at your position.  

Quinn Hughes was the consensus best pick available at #6. He was ranked 4-6th among most draft rankings. Canucks went with BPA despite us really needing a right shot D.  

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Give me a break. The kid is 21 years old but you, in all that wisdom you have, has already declared him a playoff no show.  

How wonderful for you lmao.

:frantic:

Kinda like exactly the same thing the last 6 pages of this thread have been doing to OJ?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Don't be juvenile.

in this thread? OK :lol:

So I think Tkatcpuke is a playoff bustaroo as our friend @Alflives says. So far thats true. 3pts in 9 games and a -6. His physicality disappeared too. Sure he has some decent regular season stats but he doesn't carry his team, Calgary sucks hard this year and he's not putting the team on his back. For a 5th oa pick you'd expect a lot more. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

am I? Tkachuk is a playoff no-show. Prove me wrong. 

I hate this kid more than almost anyone else in the NHL but to say he is not a great player is just flat out silly.  He drives the bus for that team and frankly if Gio wasn't on the team he would be captain already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Having waited this long, I got a bad feeling we are just suddenly going to hear he had surgery and will be out until his current contract expires allowing him to return to Finland to Finnish his career.

fixed this for you....

13 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I hate this kid more than almost anyone else in the NHL but to say he is not a great player is just flat out silly.  He drives the bus for that team and frankly if Gio wasn't on the team he would be captain already.

"great"? not sure he's earned that yet. His a good top 6 for sure but I do think his lack of physical effectiveness in the playoffs was a reason they went out and got Lucic. 

• Upvote 1

lol- we have been waiting a while to hear what this drastic removal of OJ was from Utica due to injury, I find this strange, hopefully it is not something life threatening like cancer, or something like that, I just find the whole thing strange. It has not turned out to be a good pick obviously, but I really think this is due to injuries. He had a good season in Finland and was playing well until he got hurt this year and last year. you win some, you lose some, I think overall, the drafting of Judd Bracket and Jim Benning has been the best we have ever had as a franchise and overall very strong. I'm hopeful Podkolzin becomes a stud, I think he has the tools, I hope it turns out to be a pick we do not regret.

All the best too OJ, whatever the injury, I hope it is not bad and that you make a speedy recovery

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I just want to know what the update is on his health.

I don't care about Matthew Tkachuk.

I just tweeted Rick Dhaliwal to see if he had any info on Oli. 

If there is someone that knows it would be him. 

will keep ya guys posted if I don't respond it means I got nothing :(.

it's really stupid we are left out like this.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1