The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall D Jordan Subban, reassign D Andrey Pedan

b3.

1 minute ago, cbdoubleu said:

Even if this time is just a call where he gets to practice with the big boys a few times before being sent down it's a big positive step for Subban.

and an NHL paycheque.  I'm glad Green is giving him a reward, it's important to keep moral up.

28 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Botchford had absolutely nothing to do with that.

It was an Elliot Pap article, with a picture that the PHOTOGRAPHER tagged with that.

Damn that Botchford, shifting the blame to Pap and some unknown photographer...

regards,  G.

I suppose people are mostly excited that Subban is getting a callup but Benning deserves a measure of credit from the "asset management" perspective for sending Pedan back down on what was probably his last day of waivers exemption (unless he was papered over the holidays).

Certainly it's a shame Pedan didn't see game action but it's nonetheless sound management to get the full 30 roster days worth of depth/injury insurance out of this player and avoid having to expose him to waivers a second time this year.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

That's what I was thinking. Good chance we don't see Pedan again this year unless we trade a dman. We can't afford to play Russian Roulette with him again:rolleyes:

You got it!

Pedan, Subban, Traffic cone... doesn't matter the body is just an emergency backup so management doesn't look silly in a 5D rodin on a bench all game again.

http://canucksarmy.com/2017/1/19/fun-with-the-cba-andrey-pedan-s-waivers-are-expiring 

5 minutes ago, tas said:

hands up, how many of you are still expecting a 3 inch growth spurt?

He was in the pool! he was in the pool!!

He's still a year younger than Stecher so getting a taste of the big club will be good for him whether he gets in or not.

7 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Damn that Botchford, shifting the blame to Pap and some unknown photographer...

regards,  G.

Botchfergie strikes again! I wonder if he still hangs with Duh-brawn?

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Depends on which part you're wanting the growth to appear... :ph34r:

In all seriousness, my height increased by about 2" between the ages of 22 and 24.  Now, I'm not a professional athlete or anything of that sort, but I was a bit surprised at the late jump.

whereas I stopped growing at 17.........I would bet he was done growing a few years ago

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Kinda short notice for Friday... ehhhhhh

WD - "We wanted to get him in for a few short shifts, like, I know it's a small sample size, but we had him under a microscope. Thought he  played real good for the  0:57 warmup he was out there"

Archived