The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

One of the most improved player on the roster without a doubt is Train, guys like him DO NOT fall off "Trees" (scuse the pun) but how much can we afford to pay him?

I truly hope that Mr Benning's salary cap dump allows for a pretty big cushion to sign Train AND Bo.. However with Train?  For what price and how long?

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

One of the most improved player on the roster without a doubt is Train, guys like him DO NOT fall off "Trees" (scuse the pun) but how much can we afford to pay him?

I truly hope that Mr Benning's salary cap dump allows for a pretty big cushion to sign Train AND Bo.. However with Train?  For what price and how long?

Thoughts?

He'll get a bridge - 3 years 3 mil AAV

year 1 : 2.75

year 2:  3.0

year 3: 3.25 

my guess - his agent will want him to have an oppty to prove out his game for a big payday/ Nucks will want him to show he's worth term

while he's shown great promise and looks and should be a big part of our future - both sides know as a rookie (ish) that's a pretty fair contract  as your second. 

1 hour ago, BaerBoBoeser said:

He'll get a bridge - 3 years 3 mil AAV

year 1 : 2.75

year 2:  3.0

year 3: 3.25 

my guess - his agent will want him to have an oppty to prove out his game for a big payday/ Nucks will want him to show he's worth term

while he's shown great promise and looks and should be a big part of our future - both sides know as a rookie (ish) that's a pretty fair contract  as your second. 

He's got 1 season under his belt. No need to throw $3M at him. 2 x 2 should get it done. Maybe slightly higher. 

Havings said that, JB overpaid to get Hutton signed. Not that it's going to break the bank, but it sets the tone in future contract negotiations. So you can expect Traymkins agent to ask for the same. He also has the KHL as leverage. 

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Thoughts?

In Soviet Russia, GM does not sign player - players sign u :D 

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hard to say but 3 years at 3 mil would fit with what Benning has done previously. It will be interesting to see if it has another KHL clause in it. I bet it does.

He'll get a one way deal on this one. So getting his NHL salary regardless of where he plays, I doubt he'll be concerned about it this time around.

58 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

He's got 1 season under his belt. No need to throw $3M at him. 2 x 2 should get it done. Maybe slightly higher. 

Havings said that, JB overpaid to get Hutton signed. Not that it's going to break the bank, but it sets the tone in future contract negotiations. So you can expect Traymkins agent to ask for the same. He also has the KHL as leverage. 

So basically you agree, do you disagreed then walked the logic to my spot? LOL

He's not a normal rookie coming off an ELC - he's much further ahead given his experience and you pay a little more to give some love to ensure you keep him around next contract

Sbisa was paid 3.75 I think? He should see a slight discount on that, an if Sbisa goes to LV, his agent has more leverage given the Nucks need for size and toughness on the back end

6 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

This, he is someone the Canucks should build with moving forward but not to burst anyone's bubble he is not a Chara type at this point. Maybe in another couple seasons we will see if you has that offensive element that translates to the NHL. 

He will hype himself up, CDC will already overate him, lets just remember he is playing out his 1st season in the NHL and has a lot of work to do if he wants to be a Chara type right.

Free borsht and perogies for life? 

The wildcard in this is a KHL team throwing big dough at him.... he was a decent player when he left, with the progress he's made he'd dominate in that legaue. 

So we may have to look at a bit of an overpayment depending on his KHL offers but you get the sense he's really trying to become the best player he can be and likes it here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 3 years 10 mil total. 

Archived