The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

i dont remember how good marner was 2 years ago and not who his teammates was either... id say Petey is on his way to much better stats in general and will of course be in more and more gamedeciding situations in 1-2 years also. I dont consider Marner to be better at all. I wouldnt trade him for the world. EP has more potential and will grow and mature faster then other players in the entire league at this point. This is EPs sophmore year and hes gonna  produce twice the points this season. how much better will he be next season and the season after that? :frantic:

Edited by Mrwipeout
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

...creepy as f&%......

...he is a 21 year old swede boy.

But it is 2019.....so to each their own I guess???!!

:wacko:

You're next bb :wub:. also I thought i had you on ignore. 

14 hours ago, Kushman said:

image.jpeg.ebd95b1c6aa757d71163a4c21fa39ad1.jpeg

he's legal and im 25 why are you guys being so weird

2 hours ago, Furevanucks said:

Has anyone ever gone back to the beginning and read the comments when we drafted him made for some good reading

I have lol. Quite the posts.  Two posters in particular dug themselves such a deep hole by stating Pettersson was a joke of a pick they could never recover from it haha.

Go read.  It is great around page 10-15 to see some doozies....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Furevanucks said:

It just shows some of the craziness of some Canuck fans, hard to think if this draft was redone he would not go first with Makar going second hind sight being 20/20 with some luck and good scouting we got this kid

I actually think there are a lot of people who would be tempted to think Makar might be better. I'd be hesitant to go that far because Petey offers so much more than just offense though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, BCNate said:

EP will be the best Canucks if all time.  He is 21 and elite.  Sedins were only elite players for a 5 year window,  Bure was only here for 4 heathy seasons.  EP will be  one of the best players in the league for the next decade.

That's what makes reading through the first few pages so funny. So many didn't like the pick. By far the best player in the entire draft IMO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/28/2019 at 9:51 PM, Stierlitz said:

Gives him something to practice next summer :)

I really feel like next year will be the real breakout year for Pettersson, it will be his 3rd, and he will have another summer to gain upper body strength. I don't see him ever being over 200 lbs, but I could easily see him hitting into the low 190's and still maintaining his speed.