The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

From a being competitive stand point, if the price is right would making a package for patches from Montreal be a good idea so he can play with EP if we choose to put EP at centre? He is a pure goal scorer that’s been looking for a playmaking centre his whole career.

Honestly I could see anywhere form 40-100 points from EP40, and wouldn't be surprised with any total in between. 

Nucks really need to start marketing this kid, at least get a confirmation on a jersey number so we can start buying his jersey.

25 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

From a being competitive stand point, if the price is right would making a package for patches from Montreal be a good idea so he can play with EP if we choose to put EP at centre? He is a pure goal scorer that’s been looking for a playmaking centre his whole career.

I'd worry he'll want to test free agency next summer. Any price Montreal is going to be willing to accept will be more than we would want to pay for one year of Patches.

I remember comparing Boeser to Laine at the beginning of last season....WOW...did I take some flake for that....

Here is what Travis Yost has to say about that:

The player who most closely compared to Boeser was none other than Winnipeg Jets super sniper Patrik Laine, though it should be noted that Nikita Kucherov, Rickard Rakell, Phil Kessel and William Karlsson are also in that top 10. Again, these are descriptive measures – any time a player blows up in a season like Boeser did, he’s going to have some very favourable comparables. But what’s interesting is how many of these big goal-scoring names get into the top 10.

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

Pacioretty doesn’t really make sense as a trade target. Montreal is looking for high end assets in return.  Ideally a young top 6 C.  You’re not gonna get him for the usual “Baertschi +” proposals.  Add to that that he’s UFA next summer and I don’t see a fit for Vancouver 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎29 at 10:46 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Without looking it up I will guess that BB's season last year ...even though he missed a quarter of it to injury...was still better than any previous Taylor Hall year to last year.

BB is a better winger for EP than Taylor puck-hog Hall would be....and will score more goals this year than a Late 20's Hall...!

I think EP would have outscored Nico last year...this year he will better 52 points by a wide margin...given the games...

Lol

The guy has double more points than any of his teammates (except 1 and was very close to double on him) and you take a shot at him?

Seems like if he wasn't scoring no one would be !

He doesn't play 60 min games !

Where was everyone else and secondary points?

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand how we could consider not putting Pettersson and Boeser on the same line. Brock is such a good goal scorer that we need someone with the vision and skill to get him the puck. Other teams goalies all knew the puck was going to Brock last season. This season Pettersson has just as lethal of a shot but on the other side. I think the two of them will get a lot of goals and assists together. Horvat seems like a good solid fit for a net front presence and a big body to get rebounds. They will be our most dangerous line in my opinion and we need to keep them together. 

Pettersson Horvat Boeser 

Baertchi Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Eriksson 

Leipsic Schaller Goldobin 

Granlund 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I just don't understand how we could consider not putting Pettersson and Boeser on the same line. Brock is such a good goal scorer that we need someone with the vision and skill to get him the puck. Other teams goalies all knew the puck was going to Brock last season. This season Pettersson has just as lethal of a shot but on the other side. I think the two of them will get a lot of goals and assists together. Horvat seems like a good solid fit for a net front presence and a big body to get rebounds. They will be our most dangerous line in my opinion and we need to keep them together. 

Pettersson Horvat Boeser 

Baertchi Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Eriksson 

Granlund 

If your speaking about just next year then I agree. For the most part anyways, even though I think Pettersson may be better served playing centre in Utica or the Canucks.

In the future though a Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser line could be amazing. Dahlen is a good shot and goes to the net. Pettersson feeding sick passes and shots and boeser just racking up the goals!

Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-Lind

Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen

Palmu-MacEwen-Jasek

!!!!!!       !!!!!!!!!!!!        !!!!!!!!     !!!!!!    !!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!     !!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!     !!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser 

Baertchi Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Eriksson 

Granlund 

I think you could see that line on the powerplay at sometime

But

I think he will get his feet wet maybe where you had Beagle on a regular line 

Maybe with Virtanen and Roussel (some "meat" and "potatoes" to shelter him)- oh its rousset potatoes (maybe ignite Virtanen too)

Remember when Brock was ran?

You want all your eggs in one basket?

32 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

If your speaking about just next year then I agree. For the most part anyways, even though I think Pettersson may be better served playing centre in Utica or the Canucks.

In the future though a Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser line could be amazing. Dahlen is a good shot and goes to the net. Pettersson feeding sick passes and shots and boeser just racking up the goals!

Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser

Goldy-Horvat-Lind

Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen

Palmu-MacEwen-Jasek

!!!!!!       !!!!!!!!!!!!        !!!!!!!!     !!!!!!    !!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!     !!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!     !!!!!!!!!!

Someone really likes all of the Canucks' prospects!   Horvat would be the old man of the team!

9 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Someone really likes all of the Canucks' prospects!   Horvat would be the old man of the team!

Well Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Gaudette, Virtanen, Leipsic are all guaranteed to be NHL players for us. So theres six.

Dahlen, Lind, Goldy aren't guaranteed to be NHL players but they are all very good bets to be so! So theres nine.

Palmu, MacEwen, Gadjovich and Jasek are all extremely hard workers and have real drive to become NHL players!

So these 13 are my best bets and I think most of them will pan out! Others with high chances include Madden, Lockwood and Manukyan but each are questionable as to how their development will progress.

Edited by RetroCanuck

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Gaudette, Virtanen, Leipsic are all guaranteed to be NHL players for us. So theres six.

Dahlen, Lind, Goldy aren't guaranteed to be NHL players but they are all very good bets to be so! So theres nine.

Palmu, MacEwen and Jasek are all extremely hard workers and have real drive to become NHL players!

So these 12 are my best bets and I think most of them will pan out! Others with high chances include Madden, Lockwood and Manukyan but each are questionable as to how their development will progress.

What about Gadjovich?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Palmu, MacEwen, Gadjovich and Jasek are all extremely hard workers and have real drive to become NHL players!

So these 13 are my best bets and I think most of them will pan out! Others with high chances include Madden, Lockwood and Manukyan but each are questionable as to how their development will progress.

I'd switch those two, Leipsic isn't guaranteed anything. He'll have to show a whole lot to prove he's an NHL'er.

• Upvote 1