The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

On May 11, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Tomato Pajamas said:

Glad we got that out of the way. Now how about that DiPietro kid, do we have a thread about him yet?

Dipietro will be fighting for the #1spot in Vancouver in 3-4 years..

He was the big reason Windsor won the Memorial cup and he was only 17 then..

This year Windsor had a average team and weak defence.

Goint to be exciting to see him in Utica next season...Very exciting future with Demko 22 and Dipietro 18

46 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Dipietro will be fighting for the #1spot in Vancouver in 3-4 years..

He was the big reason Windsor won the Memorial cup and he was only 17 then..

This year Windsor had a average team and weak defence.

Goint to be exciting to see him in Utica next season...Very exciting future with Demko 22 and Dipietro 18

Yeah. Uh.  He will be back in Windsor and playing at the world juniors.  As you said he is 18.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TGT68 said:

Yeah. Uh.  He will be back in Windsor and playing at the world juniors.  As you said he is 18.  

yes back in Jr this coming season as he turns 19 in June......

Following season he should play in Utica and mentor under some season veteran there like Demko has done...

Really feel Demko will make the Canucks this season...I say he will backup Markstrom and Demko will play 30-35 games..

Bright exciting future...

So rookies this season Pettersson, Demko, Gaudette....                                                       

Juolevi  40 -50  NHL  game, will start in Utica

Dahlen 15 -20 NHL games  this season - Utica 50 GP  45 pts   25 goals

Gadjovich 10 NHL games..---- Utica 60GP -- 45 pts

Lukas Jasek 10 NHL games     Utics 65 GP -- 60 pts

Kole Lind    2-3 NHL games      Utica 65 GP -- 45 Pts     24 Goals

Sautner      45 NHL games  D man

Brrisebois  10 NHL games -D man  eventually # 5 guy soon..

McEneny - Will be interesting as he was hurt most of the season, Might be ready to challenge for NHL job,

Really has developed..

So exciting to follow Utica now with so many prospect there, MacEwen 6'4 future # 4 C, Chatfied D, there are more just

excited about these once.       Lockwood - College and Dipietro - OHL

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Frankie Sinatra said:

Hopefully he turns out better than that other DiPietro kid that went #1 overall.

If we expect to win our DiPietro should be starting the quarter final for Canada.  He’s better than those other two guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, wildcam said:

yes back in Jr this coming season as he turns 19 in June......

Following season he should play in Utica and mentor under some season veteran there like Demko has done...

Really feel Demko will make the Canucks this season...I say he will backup Markstrom and Demko will play 30-35 games..

Bright exciting future...

So rookies this season Pettersson, Demko, Gaudette....                                                       

Juolevi  40 -50  NHL  game, will start in Utica

Dahlen 15 -20 NHL games  this season - Utica 50 GP  45 pts   25 goals

Gadjovich 10 NHL games..---- Utica 60GP -- 45 pts

Lukas Jasek 10 NHL games     Utics 65 GP -- 60 pts

Kole Lind    2-3 NHL games      Utica 65 GP -- 45 Pts     24 Goals

Sautner      45 NHL games  D man

Brrisebois  10 NHL games -D man  eventually # 5 guy soon..

McEneny - Will be interesting as he was hurt most of the season, Might be ready to challenge for NHL job,

Really has developed..

So exciting to follow Utica now with so many prospect there, MacEwen 6'4 future # 4 C, Chatfied D, there are more just

excited about these once.       Lockwood - College and Dipietro - OHL

Woah your hopes and dreams for jasek and gadj are a bit hopeful lol. I'd be stoked to see jasek put up even 30pts. Gadj I can see around the same. 

On 17/05/2018 at 2:50 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Michael DiPietro has been named an OHL First Team All-Star.

Ddbg0LfUwAAEg7q.jpg:large

Interesting that whoever made that got Bouchard's stats wrong, copying Hague's stats in instead of the 25-62-87 it actually is.  

• Haha 1

Michael DiPietro on his time at the World Championships:

"It was an awesome experience - coming into the tournament I didn't really know what to expect. I'm a very outgoing person and at first I was kind of timid/shy around the NHL guys. But once you're on the ice the natural competitiveness comes out and really learned a lot."

"Really grateful to Hockey Canada for the chance. 1st half of the 1st practice, kind of in awe & feel like you're a half step behind. As the practices went on, I was able to learn a lot. I think I held my own."

"Got to talk to Bo a lot and learn about the Canucks some more. He's such a professional off the ice too - picked his brain a lot about how the Sedins impacted him and learn more about what it means to be a Canuck. Proud to be part of this team."

"The older players were unbelievable to me. Connor McDavid introduced himself and brought me in to break the ice. Can't say enough nice things about the time and can't wait to return the favour to someone else that may be in my situation."

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

does anyone know who Dipietro will be competing with for starters duties at the upcoming WJC's?  it should be his with his valuable experience from the Worlds but just wondering..

It’s a good question.

Hockey Canada likes to go with the older guys (19 year olds), so among the 1999-born goalies, David Tendeck, Ian Scott, and Matthew Villalta, are likely candidates (in no particular order). Maybe Jacob McGrath could also be on the list.

But there isn’t a 1999-born Canadian goalie that strikes me as a real challenger for DiPietro as starter. This might change between now and December.

In any case, I’d expect at least one of the 99’s mentioned above to be in the mix for the backup.

I’d also expect one of the more promising 2000-borns (18-year-olds) will also get a serious look. The top ranked Canadian 2018 draft eligible goalies, in Olivier Rodrigue, Alexis Gravel, and Kevin Mandolese deserve consideration. I’d also put Colten Ellis (2019 eligible) in the mix.

• Cheers 1

On 5/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Michael DiPietro on his time at the World Championships:

"It was an awesome experience - coming into the tournament I didn't really know what to expect. I'm a very outgoing person and at first I was kind of timid/shy around the NHL guys. But once you're on the ice the natural competitiveness comes out and really learned a lot."

"Really grateful to Hockey Canada for the chance. 1st half of the 1st practice, kind of in awe & feel like you're a half step behind. As the practices went on, I was able to learn a lot. I think I held my own."

"Got to talk to Bo a lot and learn about the Canucks some more. He's such a professional off the ice too - picked his brain a lot about how the Sedins impacted him and learn more about what it means to be a Canuck. Proud to be part of this team."

"The older players were unbelievable to me. Connor McDavid introduced himself and brought me in to break the ice. Can't say enough nice things about the time and can't wait to return the favour to someone else that may be in my situation."

Benning is building a team that's going to be impossible to hate.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 22/05/2018 at 9:13 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bo being a leader, as usual.  I like him teaching prospects about 'what it means to be a Canuck."  He so reminds me of TL.

• Upvote 4