The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe it's in bad taste, given how everything went down with his legal issues, but if/when Palmu actually makes it over here, I'd kinda enjoy seeing a salmon (legally caught and not endangered, obviously) thrown on the ice whenever he scores a goal. 

He's got an upstream battle, but I think he can get 12-17 g (salmons on ice) from the 4th line.(dynamics of 4th lines changing) I'm not just fishing for pluses either.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

excellent debut for Palmu

good energy, hustle and scoring chances (imo the most for the team

excellent ice time for first pro game ~14min (give or take)

could use more explosive skating for his game

Plays a lot like Max .Domi.  Hard to believe this kid was a fifth round pick.  Steal by JB.

19 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

He's got an upstream battle, but I think he can get 12-17 g (salmons on ice) from the 4th line.(dynamics of 4th lines changing) I'm not just fishing for pluses either.

Too bad the salmon kings are no more. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

https://streamable.com/q05fw

first Liga for Palamu! (note this is how the pbp calls.so it's not me, it's him

I dunno. To me it sounds like he says "dooly casty beecy bossy" or something.

Finnish is funny (to my Danish ear anyway--but my people talk like we have potatoes in our throats so we're no better). :lol:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

On 12/09/2017 at 0:02 PM, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

fun game to watch. i'd recommend watching the whole video

fairly dangerous with the puck all game. always able to find the open man. sees the ice fairly well. doesnt seem to just shoot the net randomly but a dangerous one
quite easily gets stripped off the puck by bigger guys though

one thing i noticed is his passing is great. Always tape to tape. Sees the game really well. 

• Upvote 1

On 2017-09-12 at 2:00 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I dunno. To me it sounds like he says "dooly casty beecy bossy" or something.

Finnish is funny (to my Danish ear anyway--but my people talk like we have potatoes in our throats so we're no better). :lol:

Gunter glieben glauchen globen 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

https://streamable.com/qbxpj

another goal. having another really fun game so far. last game was okay but it was a really super low scoring chance affair

He looks elusive coming down the wing - he kinda dipsy-doodles left-right before shovelling that backhand pass over. Just enough to keep the defender backing off. Nice to see him go straight to the net, actually in between two defenders, as well.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Guile said:

He looks elusive coming down the wing - he kinda dipsy-doodles left-right before shovelling that backhand pass over. Just enough to keep the defender backing off. Nice to see him go straight to the net, actually in between two defenders, as well.

Yes, agree, love his drive to the net. Definitely a good sign 

On 08/09/2017 at 5:15 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe it's in bad taste, given how everything went down with his legal issues, but if/when Palmu actually makes it over here, I'd kinda enjoy seeing a salmon (legally caught and not endangered, obviously) thrown on the ice whenever he scores a goal. 

Actually, that should be a 'farmed' salmon.

On 9/16/2017 at 8:34 AM, Guile said:

I was going to say, he has great lateral movement.  That's a skill to open space that surprisingly few players have and is great to see is a smaller guy.

He's also a hell of a puck hound.  He could use some coaching on the little things to win puck battles but he forechecks and backchecks like crazy.  Coach must love him.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SamJamIam said:

I was going to say, he has great lateral movement.  That's a skill to open space that surprisingly few players have and is great to see is a smaller guy.

He's also a hell of a puck hound.  He could use some coaching on the little things to win puck battles but he forechecks and backchecks like crazy.  Coach must love him.

Agreed, he's got all the tools except size right now. I still think he's a long shot, as are all of our post-second round draftee's this year, but he's playing in the right league on the right line and seems to be getting the right opportunities for now. Definitely going to be watching him closely this year.