The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Miller could possibly sign with Anaheim

-AJ-

12 minutes ago, tas said:

lack isn't an nhl goalie. 

He was a good 1B up until he was traded to Carolina. I know there's been discussion about how Carolina's goalie coach tried to get him to play a different style (that obviously didn't work out). 

I'd take a chance on Lack but Carolina would need to throw in a sweetener. Eddie may bounce back in a different environment but there's just no way anyone's gonna take on his full salary without a sweetener coming with him.

Lack + 3rd round pick

For

Garteig + 6th round pick

Go with Bachman as backup or give someone else like Anders Nilsson a shot. He had decent numbers in Buffalo last year and being from Sweden might form nice chemistry with Markstrom (and Danny and Hank and Loui and Alex etc.)

Miller was probably our best player last season. It's unfortunate if he goes, but we shouldn't keep a stellar goalie from keeping this team near the basement where we seem destined to be next season.

Andersson seemed shaky during the playoffs against Edmonton I feel like having that vet pressence around him could not only help calm him down but take a work load off him during the regular season and possibly could see ducks turning to miller if any hiccups happen again, great signing for ducks if true and honestly great news for canucks moving on from yet another vet 

3 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Andersson seemed shaky during the playoffs against Edmonton I feel like having that vet pressence around him could not only help calm him down but take a work load off him during the regular season and possibly could see ducks turning to miller if any hiccups happen again, great signing for ducks if true and honestly great news for canucks moving on from yet another vet 

:blink:

Anaheim, where former Canucks go to sign retirement contracts?

Seriously though, it's not terribly surprising. He's wanted to go to Cali for a while to be with his family. Doesn't hurt that he'd likely be a lock for the playoffs with any of the Cali teams, he's not gonna get that here.

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sounds good. Miller gets one more shot at the playoffs, which he earned through his stellar play here. Close to his family.

The Canucks move on from Miller and focus on Markstrom, who I believe will prove some doubters wrong. Bachman, who is underrated, is the back-up. All is well.

??  I guess our goaltending standards have gone down as well with team standards after having Luongo and Schneider.

1 minute ago, JV77 said:

??  I guess our goaltending standards have gone down as well with team standards after having Luongo and Schneider.

In my mind, and the mind of many CDC users, Miller deserved the Cyclone Taylor trophy this season as Vancouver's MVP. His numbers were less than stellar, but that certainly wasn't his fault. He stole several games for us and our defense was much more often at fault than Miller.

Archived