The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Edmonton is just so needy, what a spoiled princess of a team.

We need a coach, we need D, we need a goalie, we need 4 first overall picks in 6 years, we need to trade our two best wingers, we need big wingers to protect our saviour, we need wingers that can score... We need a costco skid of diapers cuz we're a bunch of babies and can't stop crapping ourselves.

I'd tell them to go to hell, but I've been to Edmonton in the winter. Frozen hell

Thank you.

To be honest, I never had a high opinion of Strome.

Yes, he played WJC and that's where I saw that the guy was a total puckhog, making players like Virtanen look absolutely useless. Virtanen took a lot of heat for that tournament, which isn't exactly fair considering the guy he was on the same line with wasn't passing.

25 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

To be honest, I never had a high opinion of Strome.

Yes, he played WJC and that's where I saw that the guy was a total puckhog, making players like Virtanen look absolutely useless. Virtanen took a lot of heat for that tournament, which isn't exactly fair considering the guy he was on the same line with wasn't passing.

Dude get with it.  That was Dylan Strome that Virtanen played with, not Ryan Strome. 

4 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Isn’t Jesse Puljujarvi, a right winger, supposed to be a franchise player? And Jake Virtanen was supposed to be a bust?  Jake looks great on right wing with the twins. How’s Jesse doing in the minors? 

2 points in 6 games.

he hasn't lived up to the hype so far.... sooo get on it JB! :frantic:

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

2 points in 6 games.

he hasn't lived up to the hype so far.... sooo get on it JB! :frantic:

Tbf, everyone on the bakersfield team is struggling. 

But man after Puljujarvi and Yamamoto, Edmonton has no good prospects/depth at all

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Tbf, everyone on the bakersfield team is struggling. 

But man after Puljujarvi and Yamamoto, Edmonton has no good prospects/depth at all

that's what i've been saying, same with the flames too. all their good young players are most if not all already playing in the NHL. the Canucks will light up both Alberta's teams in the future. 

Dahlen - Petterson - Boeser

Beartschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Goldobin - Gaudette - Granlund

Lind - MacKenzie - Gadjovich

that skill in all 4 lines! :frantic:

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Poolparty struggling getting adjusted to the NA sized ice. I do however think he will be a stud! Granlund, Rodin and a pick for Poolparty. Call up Archie to fill in on the bottom 6.

I wouldn't really say he's struggling. 38 points in 73 games split between the NHL and AHL. He's still only 19. That's pretty damn good actually. Give him another year or two, he's a keeper.

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

I wouldn't really say he's struggling. 38 points in 73 games split between the NHL and AHL. He's still only 19. That's pretty damn good actually. Give him another year or two, he's a keeper.

I think it seems worse than it is because I remember for the better half of his draft year people held him in higher regard than Laine. Edmonton has made some really bad trades in the last couple years and I could see them selling low on Pulj and if they do it would be a mistake by them. I just want to be the benefactor of another bad Edmonton trade.

Archived