The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A team in the KHL sacrifices a sheep to break slump....

Odd.

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It amazes me that we live in a world where people are still so superstitious, that they think killing something will bring them good luck.

:picard:

I'm not superstitious at all. However, the killing of things has led to my best meals!

38 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It amazes me that we live in a world where people are still so superstitious, that they think killing something will bring them good luck.

:picard:

Many, many people still believe an invisible sky man is watching everything they do and will decide whether to allow them into his special amusement park after they die or send them to the afterlife's version of Surrey. People are &^@#ing stupid.....

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

iF YOUR GAME IS AT THE POINT WHERE YOU PLAY IN LEAGUES THAT SACRIFICE GOATS AT CENTER ICE YOU KINDA HAVE TO ROLL WITH THE MOOD!

I walked into the dressing room between periods when my boy was playing Bantam. The team was losing. Walked in and they were all huddled around a burning candle and humming some nonsense. Having nothing to add to that I turned and walked out. Bye the bye they came out and won the game. Maybe I should phone Travis? 

that moment reality  hits you and you realize you just cant relate anymore. when I visualized that I roared . in bantam we just switched ends  no time for ritual. :P

38 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Many, many people still believe an invisible sky man is watching everything they do and will decide whether to allow them into his special amusement park after they die or send them to the afterlife's version of Surrey. People are &^@#ing stupid.....

what does @kingofsurrey think of that? 

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

haha! +1000

invisible sky man lol

I don't get this either. Is this sheep god actually going to help them win a hockey game? lol This is 2018 right?

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

I think there's a difference between believing something, and acting upon it in a way that affects others.

This team could've spent that time training/practicing to improve their game, instead they decided to ruin @D-Money's supper.

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I think there's a difference between believing something, and acting upon it in a way that affects others.

This team could've spent that time training/practicing to improve their game, instead they decided to ruin @D-Money's supper.

Religion affects others...ask any woman trying to get an abortion in many southern US states or Ireland. The only thing affected by this imo is the sheep. 

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

This just shows a level of ignorance if you think animals dont have moral standing

A sheep really doesn't. By law they're property and as long as humanely killed (and slitting a throat is considered just that in the case of slaughtering for consumption) there is no legal issue. I think the whole thing is stupid but am I morally outraged? No, but I'm not overly sensitive.

Archived