The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks turned down offer of a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson

Adarsh Sant

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Garbage offer, and probably fake.  Botchford has no sources of his own.

Exactly. No credible source would put any trust in him with insider information. He's the ultimate troll. 

Someone should start a petition for his removal from the Province beat writing to let TP know how many people don't read their paper because of him. 

Honestly, how can he sleep at night? 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Exactly. No credible source would put any trust in him with insider information. He's the ultimate troll. 

Someone should start a petition for his removal from the Province beat writing to let TP know how many people don't read their paper because of him. 

Honestly, how can he sleep at night? 

Simplest is to just not buy what he's peddling.  The Provies does have one redeeming feature -- the gif clips from the game.

As an admitted Leafs fan, I'm sure he sleeps just fine knowing he agitated Canuck fans and seeded negativity and #fakenews... and was paid for it.  After all, Gallagher "retired" and he's just picking up his schtick, albeit with less whine.

5 hours ago, DSVII said:

Botchford took it from this part of Ian MacIntyre's article. Fwiw I think Imac is speaking purely in the hypothetical, rather than an actual offer. I'd take that trade in a heartbeat, picks not projects. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-signing-gudbranson-better-option-trading-picks/

Only a complete idiot could read that if/then statement and deduce that the "Canucks turned down a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson".

That is weaker than boatloads of the "so what you're saying" we see on discussion boards.

If that is what Botchford bases this on, it's even more assinine than suspected.

I think it's more the case that obvious troll is obvious.  Actually, bitter troll, who hasn't gotten anything he wanted (ie Benning and Gudbranson have been re-signed), who has stepped up his petty, bitter, relatively impotent troll game.

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When did Botchford become an insider?

In his own mind only, the man(refuse to call him a journalist) rarely gets it right. I get ticked at some of these guys for just spewing crap to get there name out there so that it looks like they are more than they are......writers for the National Inquirer (sports version).

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

sure they did.  mickey mouse shell-game reporting - and posting it says a lot about your credibility.

your opinion of Gudbranson is about as well-sourced as a B-otchford rumour.

Heh, I think in this case the reporting could be compared to a game of telephone.

"It wouldn't have been worth trading Gudbranson for, say, a 2nd and a 4th" --------> "Benning WAS offered a 2nd and  a 4th" ---------> Lord only knows today

But if the choice – the main choice because this is a many-tentacled issue – was between re-signing Gudbranson, 26, or trading him for, say, second- and fourth-round draft picks, then the Canucks made the right call. ( Iain MacIntyre )

I don't know which quote came first, Botchford or MacIntyre. If it was Botchford, then I think MacIntyre might of been having a bit of fun with that reference. ( .....I do fear that IM seems to be leaning more and more to his Toronto masters' POV ). If Botchford is referencing IM, then this insider stuff is pathetic on a mammoth scale. If it is something unrelated, then 'let's hear the real story !'

7 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah Botch is quite the.......character. I think he is just commenting on the info though, someone else actually got the insider knowledge. Not Botch. He's not at all an insider.

Anyways, I'm still of the belief that Gudbranson is at best a #6-7 D man. Intangibles only get you so far, and I've watched hockey long enough to know when a guy just isn't that good. He gets beat by speed way too often, and doesn't clear the crease enough for a 'tough' guy. Don't need to reference any stats if you choose to ignore them.

He doesn't create any offense, which is fine if you're solid defensively like Chris Tanev. Gudbranson is like swiss cheese on defense however.

These so called reporters all read each others work and repeat it.  That's why they all sound alike and have the same opinions. 

If they said anything different they would be open to scrutiny and criticism.

9 hours ago, billabong said:

Botch is trying to stir the pot. That’s his job. He thrives off negativity because it gives him more to talk about

i wouldn’t make that deal either. 

You do realize that YOU are the one that doesn't think Gudbranson was worth a 2nd and 4th and he is negative?

The future is now.

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

These so called reporters all read each others work and repeat it.  That's why they all sound alike and have the same opinions. 

If they said anything different they would be open to scrutiny and criticism.

So reporting facts and having valid sources isn't where you get information from?

No wonder I pretty much only listen to Rick Dhaliwal.

8 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

I just mentioned this in another thread.
It's straight up BS without a source - which he refuses to provide .... and then threatens to ban people from his feed if they call him a liar. :rolleyes:

Botchford is worse than Ecklund at this point and needs to be fired. He makes up stories after hitting the bong while watching DeepFakes and then posts his %$# as fact, when in reality, the only thing he's good at is giving his little todger a tinkle before night night

we need media in this town that holds this teams management to the fire - because for some reason or another, they seem to need to be reminded of what to do... but this idiot is just a disgrace.

God, I miss Tom Larscheid. 

I'm all for reporters holding a team accountable, but goofs like Splotchturd seemingly have a personal vendetta against the team. The Province furthers it's reputation as a stand in for toilet paper by continuing to employ his services.

7 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Botch is great I love how he is not scared to criticize the team

criticism used to mean a thoughtful analysis and conclusion on some topic. Now its who can fling poo the fastest in under 140 characters. Botchy doesn't criticize anything, he lights fires like a psychotic 10 year old and watches the action. 

It doesn't surprise me at all that he's found a home for himself on twitter, that forum lends itself to snap judgements, snarky remarks and very little room for actual debate. But I guess if you enjoy that fill your boots, at least its free. 

botchfords negative reporting will become less relevant as the team improves ,he's like the guy that farts in a crowd and isnt shy about being the only one with a silly smirk on his face, taking some weird twisted enjoyment out of knowing everybodys actually grossed out by him...........

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm all for reporters holding a team accountable, but goofs like Splotchturd seemingly have a personal vendetta against the team. The Province furthers it's reputation as a stand in for toilet paper by continuing to employ his services.

It would be nice to get some actual opinions from hockey professionals on this. I think it was LeBrun who had a quote from "one GM from a playoff team" that said he'd do that 3year extension in a heartbeat (sorry can't find the quote anymore, maybe someone else has it). I'd really like to know what the majority of GMs think of the move, but thats like work man, effort and all  that. 

Archived