The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Reid Boucher

12 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Presumably on his way to Utica. I guess a playoff team could pick him up though.

An NHL playoff team would have to be pretty desperate to pick him up.

But on the other hand he would be very helpful in Utica. The risk is worth it. I wonder why Benning didn't do it sooner.

4 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

An NHL playoff team would have to be pretty desperate to pick him up.

But on the other hand he would be very helpful in Utica. The risk is worth it. I wonder why Benning didn't do it sooner.

Most likely was just medically cleared to play.

46 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Presumably on his way to Utica. I guess a playoff team could pick him up though.

Theoretically they could but he wouldn't be eligible to play. Players aquired after the trade deadline cannot play in the Stanley cup playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

what only now?? I thought he's been down there all this time lol

He was with us and broke his hand blocking a shot, injured players must be kept with the team until they are cleared to play

I thought the waiver period stopped when the team's season ended until 12 days before the regular season started.

When is the Waiver period?

Waivers go in to effect 12 days before the start of the regular season. Waivers last until the day after a teams playing season.

13.2 The "Playing Season Waiver Period" shall begin on the twelfth (12th) day prior to the start of the Regular Season and end on the day following the last day of a Club's Playing Season. Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to the services of a Player may be Loaned to a club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere expressly prohibited

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Watch Toronto pick him up to have him play for the Marlies. They are petty like that. 

If they claim him he would have to report to the Leafs, they couldn't send him down right away I think. Sid or someone else will have to firm that up for me. But I think that's how it goes.

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Watch Toronto pick him up to have him play for the Marlies. They are petty like that. 

Don't think he's eligible to play for the Marlies in the AHL playoffs either. AHL has a deadline too, and players not papered in can't play (i.e. - we can't send Gaudette).

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Don't think he's eligible to play for the Marlies in the AHL playoffs either. AHL has a deadline too, and players not papered in can't play (i.e. - we can't send Gaudette).

That's too bad... Would like to see Adam play some meaningful games with utica right now 

2 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

Don't think most of upper management would sweat losing Boucher one way or the other.

But lower management would be quite concerned and may, therefore, sweat profusely.  However, middle management would find it meeting the quarterly target and would endorse but may sweat a little.    

Overall management sweat would be low to moderate but, as you can clearly see, not all levels of management would contribute to the sweat quantity in equal fashion.

Archived