The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

18 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

wasnt it weisbord really pushing for him, cause he's close with the hughes family

Maybe but it’s the head of the scouting departments job to identify and report on talent. Drafting didn’t improve when Jim came in it did when Judd was promoted. But I guess that’s just a coincidence too. 
Linden/Jim’s scouting department  Overhaul 4 years ago set the stage for what we have on the ice and in the farm Today and Also a very good trade to acquire Miller by Jb. 

3 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Maybe but it’s the head of the scouting departments job to identify and report on talent. Drafting didn’t improve when Jim came in it did when Judd was promoted. But I guess that’s just a coincidence too. 
Linden/Jim’s scouting department  Overhaul 4 years ago set the stage for what we have on the ice and in the farm Today and Also a very good trade to acquire Miller by Jb. 

Are you Brackett's mom? He's gone, it's okay. Drafting didn't really get good til a few years after Brackett's promotion btw. When Benning started overhauling the scouts. But keep pretending Brackett did literally everything. 

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Are you Brackett's mom? He's gone, it's okay. Drafting didn't really get good til a few years after Brackett's promotion btw. When Benning started overhauling the scouts. But keep pretending Brackett did literally everything. 

Actually Btw August 2015 Was the promotion how have we done since then. Huh. A few years you say. 

Oh but your Just another Jim is god and he’s done it all by himself. Has he kept more promises than he’s made too. 
He’s lucky he still has a job a job the scouting Staff And a Gillis goaltender saved.(Because  it wasn’t his ufas signings or trades before last season) 

decades of bad scouting was why this team was fkd because it equals bad drafting. great scouting = great drafting is it really that hard to understand. 

Funny I just gave Judd credit for Scouting drafting which was HIS JOB !!!! and the benning fanboys  gets offended and go on the defensive. 

• Wat 2

13 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Actually Btw August 2015 Was the promotion how have we done since then. Huh. A few years you say. 

Oh but your Just another Jim is god and he’s done it all by himself. Has he kept more promises than he’s made too. 
He’s lucky he still has a job a job the scouting Staff And a Gillis goaltender saved.(Because  it wasn’t his ufas signings or trades before last season) 

decades of bad scouting was why this team was fkd because it equals bad drafting. great scouting = great drafting is it really that hard to understand. 

Funny I just gave Judd credit for Scouting drafting which was HIS JOB !!!! and the benning fanboys  gets offended and go on the defensive. 

funny you do know Benning was the top scout for the Bruins until he became assist gm. Benning was the boss and everything ran thru him, not Bracket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/08/09/quinn-hughes-just-put-up-the-most-dominant-postseason-series-ever-by-a-canucks-defenseman/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"And his performance still stands as, in all likelihood, the greatest single series by a defenseman in Vancouver Canucks history."

It is truly amazing that Makar came into the league the exact same time because Quinn really is the best defenseman we have ever had but also soon to become one of the best defensemen in the NHL. To have TWO generational defensemen like that in one draft year is unreal. 

(And yes, given their stats compared to historical d-men, they appear by this point to be just that). We have needed a guy like this for soooooo long. 

Still wouldn't mind another blueliner who can put up some numbers. We have been relying too heavily on Huggy imo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, kloubek said:

https://canucksarmy.com/2020/08/09/quinn-hughes-just-put-up-the-most-dominant-postseason-series-ever-by-a-canucks-defenseman/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

"And his performance still stands as, in all likelihood, the greatest single series by a defenseman in Vancouver Canucks history."

It is truly amazing that Makar came into the league the exact same time because Quinn really is the best defenseman we have ever had but also soon to become one of the best defensemen in the NHL. To have TWO generational defensemen like that in one draft year is unreal. 

(And yes, given their stats compared to historical d-men, they appear by this point to be just that). We have needed a guy like this for soooooo long. 

Still wouldn't mind another blueliner who can put up some numbers. We have been relying too heavily on Huggy imo.

I'm really hoping that Rathbone can be that guy. He is starting to look like a defenseman that can be a go to play maker yet defensively reliable player at the same time

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm really hoping that Rathbone can be that guy. He is starting to look like a defenseman that can be a go to play maker yet defensively reliable player at the same time

Between Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone, we've likely got 3 of our future top 4... Still need to find  (or have one of our other existing prospects develop into) another.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Between Hughes, Juolevi and Rathbone, we've likely got 3 of our future top 4... Still need to find  (or have one of our other existing prospects develop into) another.

Unsure that we got 3. More likely we got 2. I expect one of OJ and Rath becoming a top 4 D is more likely than both of them panning out that way. Would be nice though and I am happy we have 2 solid D prospects. The more solid ones you have the more likely you'll get one that pan out.

Other than them Rafferty is a enigma and Woo looks like a solid potential top 6 D(potential Dillon-level?). Brisebois is gonna have to really show what he's got next camp since next season is probably his last chance to here, same with Rafferty.

Not as great as our pool at forward but not a bad cupboard of Dmen, especially when Tryamkin is looming around it.

The draft should be interesting. Hopefully Jim and co can find someone in the 3-5 rounds.

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

Psst, Makar was drafted a year earlier than Hughes ;)

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Psst, Makar was drafted a year earlier than Hughes ;)

Oops. So he was. Ok.... One after the other. Going off rookie points per game alone these two are in a league of their own.

Kootenay: I hope so too, because I don't see anyone else in our prospect pool who could be that guy. I would love if Rafferty could be, but most have rather tempered expectations there...

But really, Hughes gives us that dynamic presence from the back end we have never had. If we had a guy to quarterback the 2PP and help apply pressure 5 on 5 we would be in even better shape.

Considering our D isn't great at limiting quality scoring chances as it is, I guess a second scoring star is a tall ask.

• Cheers 1

On 8/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, bree2 said:

funny you do know Benning was the top scout for the Bruins until he became assist gm. Benning was the boss and everything ran thru him, not Bracket. 

You are close but I just wanted to let you ( or anyone) know that JB was scout for Buffalo then he was hired as director of player personel for the Bruins until Gorton was canned a year later, then Benning was named asst. gm.

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Maddogy said:

You are gravely mistaken. If something goes wrong, J.B. is the moron that did it. If something goes right, Trevor Linden and Judd Brackets were the masterminds. 

Linden was here for 5 seconds as a GM and did not do much. He won't get credit for anything lol.

• Wat 1