The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So why no Gagner

Krzysl

For me, Gagner always had a work ethic problem. He always seemed to give a half assed effort every shift, and now revealed a sense of entitlement that because he’s played the past few years in the NHL does not guarantee a roster spot. Bridge burned.

Let it burn as far as I’m concerned.

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Agreed.

I know Boucher has been injured but I feel like he would make a good injury call up to replace Boeser. Obviously he's no Boeser but his shot is almost on par. With EP setting him up, you know he'd burry a few. Our 1st unit PP has been weak with all these injuries and could use a boost.

I don't think they need another left handed shot for the powerplay though - Boucher doesn't really replace Boeser.

I'm good with them giving Gaudette those opportunities - he's a good puck retriever, good RH one-timer - I think between him and JV you have a couple RH options for the powerplay until BB returns.  I think Boucher would more likely be a candidate for the missing Baertschi, but even there they still have Goldobin, LE - Granlund has been great all over the ice and earning any opportunities he gets - and Leipsic has 3 pts in the past 5 games.....

But when it comes to Gagner vs Boucher - I'd agree and would prefer to see them recall younger Utica guys like him, or Kero, or MacEwen, or Dahlen, or McMaster, Jasek.....

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

He opened his mouth and basically said to Benning screw you I should be in the NHL because of my name, why would Benning want that guy back with his players? Gagner would just have a chip on his shoulder the whole time, and it could easily rub off wrong to other players, not worth it.

Something along these lines happened methinks. I wonder if the last meeting in the office, or the last phone call didnt go well.

Replacing the Sedins and Gagner seemed to have changed the dynamic of this team. Not knocking the Sedins or Gagner, but it seemed like we needed a breathe of fresh air. Even just adding fringe players like Gaudette, Motte, and Leispic has added a young, speedy and hungry element to the team. 

why gagner?

what does he really have to offer?

he is not a difference maker

does anyone honestly think calling him up and playing him

will make any positive difference to how this team performs

i'd rather trade for vanek instead

gagner does not play the style coach green is trying to instill

he's just another warm body to fill a uniform

as far as i'm concerned, anyone but gagner

he has burned his bridges here

i'm sure some of our prospects

or our long term ahl veterans at utica would appreciate a call up

they'd love to have a stint in the show

and the bump in pay while here

Acceptance. The 9+ mill Gag is on us..not hilarious. Best JB learn from this debacle. His drafting-hits balance out such gaffes.

A suggestion. Let's round up all Gag references, lock'em, & have a sacrificial burning. Best to look fwd to our youth.

Whining to the media? stay on the eastern side of the Rockies you lil' foot-dragging, entitled lump!

4 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

u know those kettle brand chips? the honey dijon flavour tastes just like u went to mcdonalds and got honey mustard dip for the chicken nuggets. so good

gagner doesnt offer that. **** him

Those chips are the bombbbbbbb :lol:

Hard to say if Gagne is above any of the AHL players for a call up. If he is a 18 goal scorer and has missed 20 games or 1/4 of the season that be tops of 14 goals. Leipsic could get 5 Bachman could get 5(not sure if they count on your own net) etc etc.  

Gagner thought both the coaching staff and the fans wouldn't catch onto his his pre retirement effort on the ice.

Probably why he wanted out of the organization and headed back Toronto to lay low for a while as he rebuilds himself again to an NHL calibre.

Good luck!

Archived