The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Those actually look pretty sweet. Makes so much more sense as a team logo. Moreso than the orca IMO.

I think you`re bang-on with the added green in the logo, although if they insist on having a whale as the logo, then I wish they would re-design the whale to look meaner - like the Sharks logo. I know the whale design represents the people of Haida Gwaii, but why not have a Haida design shoulder patch then? As a nice nod, paying respect.

This is what they need to do:

1. Decide what a Canuck is

2. Design and develop a logo and mascot that match their definition of Canuck

3. Run with it and never change it again

they decided what a canuck was when the team formed in the whl in the dark ages. they even endorsed a fairly decent logo of what he might look like. eerily similar to a lumberjack playing hockey and suggestive of an original 6 type logo. unfortunately, they've been fighting their identity for the last 50years

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, granpappy said:

they decided what a canuck was when the team formed in the whl in the dark ages. they even endorsed a fairly decent logo of what he might look like. eerily similar to a lumberjack playing hockey and suggestive of an original 6 type logo. unfortunately, they've been fighting their identity for the last 50years

Yes I wish they stuck with that theme. I do like the original stick in rink. Maybe they need to go back to their roots!...bloody roots! (little nod to Sepultura) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes I wish they stuck with that theme. I do like the original stick in rink. Maybe they need to go back to their roots!...bloody roots! (little nod to Sepultura) 

Not maybe. They must go back to their roots. 

On 5/29/2019 at 11:43 PM, VANFAN101 said:

Would rather have the stick-in-rink than the orca.  But I think the main problem I have with the orca, is that the colours don’t match the rest of the jersey.  Here is a recolouring I did (I’m sure others have done this too), thoughts?

496CAFEC-701D-4E56-A57B-C7DCC0FBA8A9.jpeg

I like it, Good job.

Edited by HockeyHarry

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I wish we'd just give up the Orca logo and go back to the Skate. Both on our jerseys and for our team logo. So much nicer. 

A recoloured Skate would look great. Maybe change the royal blue to a vibrant navy blue. Put Stick in Rink on the left shoulder and Johnny Canuck on the right. I would have no issues with that at all.

FB_IMG_1535732268456.jpg

• Wat 1

On 5/28/2019 at 10:28 PM, goog16 said:

I love the 40th jerseys and wish they would go with that.The Bo wearing the Johnny is pretty sweet also...

I guess we're stuck with the Orca...

canucks-horvat-johnny-canuck.png

Take this jersey ànd on the hat instead of the white patch put a stick in rink logo. Change his feet to the flying skate without the circle . On the sleeves make it a blue and green stripes with the pants of Johnny to match the blue. Make the main color on the jersey black.

Maybe in his left fist put a small whale that he is sqeezing. 

Edited by erkayloomeh
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

A recoloured Skate would look great. Maybe change the royal blue to a vibrant navy blue. Put Stick in Rink on the left shoulder and Johnny Canuck on the right. I would have no issues with that at all.

FB_IMG_1535732268456.jpg

That looks awful tbh and I don't hate the skate logo. 

Skate colours should be Red, Yellow, White and Black only. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 3

Funny how nobody seems to have liked these jerseys. 

220px-Markus_Naslund_2005b.jpg

Obviously I was in my peak little-boy-fandom when they wore these, but I always secretly liked the colour scheme (and the graphic orca looks way more stylized with its original colours). 

I would not be opposed to a revamped third jersey in this style, tbh.

Doubt it would ever happen.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

FB_IMG_1535732268456.jpg

No offense, but that makes the flying V look good....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, nergish said:

Funny how nobody seems to have liked these jerseys. 

220px-Markus_Naslund_2005b.jpg

Obviously I was in my peak little-boy-fandom when they wore these, but I always secretly liked the colour scheme (and the graphic orca looks way more stylized with its original colours). 

I would not be opposed to a revamped third jersey in this style, tbh.

Doubt it would ever happen.

I generally like most of this jersey. The red around the orca makes it look lile a whale wearing Leipsic though. 

• Upvote 1