The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?

Rate this topic

JM_

If Loui Eriksson stays what can make you come to terms with it?  

223 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m hoping for a great season for him.

This... hoping for a great season for ALL of our Canucks...

If JB or TG feel there's anything to deal with, they will do so...if not he will be given the chance based on camp, like everyone else.

• Upvote 2

The only thing I'd really like to see from Loui is for him to put down his purse and start caring. If he started playing like the game mattered and not just a paycheck, then I wouldn't dislike him too much. If he puts up 15 and 15 at 6 mil or 10 and 10, so what, as long as he tried. That's the part that kills me the most. I never really disliked a player that gave it their all. Now a player that acts like a prima donna, like they are entitled something because of history despite putting in record low effort? Get your ass back to Sweden then.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, JustNazzy said:

This is going to sound crazy...

At the end of the season Schaller single-handedly stole four points for the Canucks. The Canucks would have finished 26th. That's where the NY Rangers ended up and they moved into second place because of the lottery.

Imagine going into this year with Kappo on the wing and still owning that first round pick.

You can say that Tim Schaller single-handedly screwed the franchise over for the next 10 years.

Now I REALLY want him gone.   Thanks for ruining my day, maybe my entire life.

• Haha 3

I am fine with him staying as long as that doesn't block JB from signing Boeser.  We need cap space, Loui isnt happy here as to how he is being used, its a no-brainer to not want him around our younger players if he is unhappy.

I'm not whipping him, he isnt the first signing or trade the Canucks have made that didnt work out. He hasnt lived up to his contract but if he was signed to a three million dollar contract no one would be complaining about the little things he does.

As for Louis comments the one guy who has defended him through out his struggles has been Travis Green who complimented him on doing all the little things right.  Loui chose to bite the hand of the one guy who has looked after him. I dont really care about what he said i just think he picked the wrong person to throw under the bus.

Its not up to me to justify whether he should be back. Sometimes you have to live with the consequences of signing a player. Utica may be the best solution. it might motivate Loui to work harder or accept a trade to an NHL team he might not have otherwise.

28 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I am fine with him staying as long as that doesn't block JB from signing Boeser.  We need cap space, Loui isnt happy here as to how he is being used, its a no-brainer to not want him around our younger players if he is unhappy.

I'm not whipping him, he isnt the first signing or trade the Canucks have made that didnt work out. He hasnt lived up to his contract but if he was signed to a three million dollar contract no one would be complaining about the little things he does.

As for Louis comments the one guy who has defended him through out his struggles has been Travis Green who complimented him on doing all the little things right.  Loui chose to bite the hand of the one guy who has looked after him. I dont really care about what he said i just think he picked the wrong person to throw under the bus.

Its not up to me to justify whether he should be back. Sometimes you have to live with the consequences of signing a player. Utica may be the best solution. it might motivate Loui to work harder or accept a trade to an NHL team he might not have otherwise.

We have the cap space to sign Brock.

• Cheers 1

The bottom line is there is no room for him. Every minute he plays takes away from us better player getting ice time or developing. Is not part of the future even if he has 50 points I'd rather see a younger player get that spot. If they were to make room and put them on the fourth line he's going to play uninspired crop hockey like we've seen for the last 2 years. If they put them on the top six that means they're sending a legitimate top six player away. No room! Send them to Utica at the beginning of the season he's not going to ride the bus for 3 years he will retire.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Let the bad decision rot in the AHL. He'll stay there for that kind of loot. Tough loss for the Aquilini pocket book but that's for the greater good of the team and fans.  

I do however accept this quagmire 

Loui has only 1.5 million owing him for this coming season.  Aquilini has already paid Loui 4.5 in advance.  So sending Loui to Utica is not a great expense to Aquilini.  Plus, there is zero chance Loui reports to ride buses in Utica.  No Swedish born player, who was once a top guy, has played in the AHL.  

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui has only 1.5 million owing him for this coming season.  Aquilini has already paid Loui 4.5 in advance.  So sending Loui to Utica is not a great expense to Aquilini.  Plus, there is zero chance Loui reports to ride buses in Utica.  No Swedish born player, who was once a top guy, has played in the AHL.  

You have been saying this for weeks now. I'm starting to believe you might be right. Green coming out and saying salary doesn't matter when deciding who plays...that was right out of your playbook

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to see Green put him on the top line for say half a dozen games, that should be all the opportunity he needs to show that there's still something there. If that doesn't work then I see no reason why he should remain on the roster, potentially holding back the development of a young prospect.

• Upvote 1

His cap hit hurts this team the most along with the other Lou's cap hit...these cap hits hurt the team's depth because a serviceable player may have to be put on waivers and potentially lost. Some other player will have to out play Louie before he is sent to Utica.

44 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

You have been saying this for weeks now. I'm starting to believe you might be right. Green coming out and saying salary doesn't matter when deciding who plays...that was right out of your playbook

Exactly my point. There's no chance he's going to ride out his contract on a bus in the AHL. It would essentially before seeing his retirement.

Right now I'd put him at around our 14 or 15th best forward with most of the guys around him being younger, cheaper and more important to our future. If he hasn't been traded, that spells Utica IMO.

Now, by all means, if he comes in like he's shot out of a cannon and plays his arse off and actually out plays those guys... By all means. Then we should have the 40-50 point, middle 6 Loui we actually signed. Anybody want to put odds on that happening...?

Edited by aGENT