The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

Man Leivo out long term. That sucks. He's a good player. Team will miss him..

Sutter can't seem to play a handful of games without getting injured. He's played 22 games miss his 16th game tonight.. the guy is made out if glass. Surprising since he's a Sutter. His uncle's and dad were tough SOBs.. tough as they come. 

On 12/23/2019 at 2:53 PM, WHL rocks said:

Sutter can't seem to play a handful of games without getting injured. He's played 22 games miss his 16th game tonight.. the guy is made out if glass. Surprising since he's a Sutter. His uncle's and dad were tough SOBs.. tough as they come. 

Admittedly I was missing Leivo against Edmonton, but Eriksson actually played very well 

It'd be nice to see more of that from Eriksson though I don't see him bringing the offense Leivo's been giving us 

• Cheers 1

It will be interesting to see if PK Suban and Lindsey Vonn have some "Super Being" children.

Most Hockey players wife identical tiny blonde women which weaken the gene pool.

Some day the league will be filled with speedy little Sutters and us "old Boys" will remenisse about how big and tough their granddaddies were.

AND TODAY  nhl .com announces Subban/Vonn engaement, as long as their kid doesn't get a regressive Jordan gene, they could be by-sport allstar.

Edited by lmm

.... but the milk man wasn’t.

• Haha 3

On 12/21/2019 at 6:52 PM, spur1 said:

Two rule books.... one for Canadian teams..... one for US teams. There is a reason why it has been 26 years and counting for a Canadian cup win against all odds. 

really?

let's see - canadian franchises ownership/management vs the rule books theory

ottawa - melnyk

laffs - ballard, and subsequent years with quick fix mentality (you think the league is making rules against one of its top franchises?)

habs - that franchise just seems to have lost its edge and really has not come close in decades now (loss of their former special draft status has squeezed off the pipeline of quebec talent solely to that team)

jets - jury out on them, newish to winnipeg again, but looking solid this year despite changes

coilers - really? rule book? bias against them? yet all those 1st round picks? crappy player development? franchise that was run by former players resting on their laurels?

flames - i have not seen a powerhouse team in that city since the 80s

nucks - yes a brief surge to the very top of the league, and the rules may have been unbalanced in 2011 finals, but the team could not sustain due to ownership/management/failure to draft, explain how this team's 1 sole playoff run was due to league rules

i see your 2 rulebook theory

and posit a different theory

canadian clubs cannot go through a proper and thorough rebuild

because fan base demands a winner sooner

and corners are cut to speed up the process

so a team cannot ever become truly elite (vancouver excepted in that 1 run that barely lasted 2 seasons)

Edited by coastal.view

To be fair, Sutter was practically an iron man before coming to Vancouver.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, coastal.view said:

really?

ottawa - melnyk

laffs - ballard, and subsequent years with quick fix mentality (you think the league is making rules against one of its top franchises?)

habs - that franchise just seems to have lost its edge and really has not come close in decades now (loss of their former special draft status has squeezed off the pipeline of quebec talent solely to that team)

jets - jury out on them, newish to winnipeg again, but looking solid this year despite changes

coilers - really? rule book? bias against them? yet all those 1st round picks? crappy player development? franchise that was run by former players resting on their laurels?

nucks - yes a brief surge to the very top of the league, and the rules may have been unbalanced in 2011 finals, but the team could not sustain due to ownership/management/failure to draft, explain how this team's 1 sole playoff run was due to league rules

so a team cannot ever become truly elite (vancouver excepted in that 1 run that barely lasted 2 seasons)

You need to get away from the coast for a different view. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, coastal.view said:

really?

ottawa - melnyk

I agree that ownership and management has been bad in Canada, especially when you look at Edmonton and Ottawa, but other teams have made mistake too.

I think often Canadian owners want to be more "hands on".

I believe there are two rule books but it is not strickly separated by the Canada/USA border. If so I think Toronto is south and Columbus is north, ( see Torts' latest rant).

One needs to look no further than the Mason Raymond and Nathan Horton injuries to see the effect of the 2 rule books.

But I do not believe that the Candian fans hold much blame. I had nothing to do with making BobLu Captain, nor did I offer him that contract. I did not want Loui signed to that contract either. I was not on board with the "retool on the fly" concept or the "bringing in of NHL ready prospects".

I think Canuck fans did play a small role in the rushing of Virtanen and McCann but that was after many years of management's poor drafting and developement, and in reality  it was a rookie mistake from an inexperienced management group. It has been since the current ownership group took over that all Canuck management and most of the coaches have been rookies also.

It was interesting that Toronto looked to be headed in the right direction before Lou Lamorillo left, now they are struggling with rookie management, and the Islanders are moving in the right direction. I do not believe the fans forced Lou out. Likewise Edmonton now, (finally) appears to have stable management and coaching. I am pretty sure Edmonton fans will not be firing Holland and Tippett, but ownership might.   

If you look back to the fans wanting AV fired but management holding steady (2009) or even last week when Green was all but gone, (in many fans mind), you see that the fans have less say than the management does. It is only when management feels the heat from above that they react to the heat from below.

Do you really think the Canadian fans are worse than the NYR or Bruin fans?

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why are the Canucks so secretive about some of the players’ injuries?  Is this for insurance reasons?  

It should be secretive.  Because this prevents other team’s players targeting the injured player where they were previously injured in order to take them out of the game.

• Cheers 1