The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

7 hours ago, apollo said:

No offense to the OP but it would be great if we shut this thread down and got an active poster who updates the first post no? 

Not saying I'm the man for the job, but I'm sure someone knowledgeable would be willing to step up to the plate? 

In previous years you could always come in and check the first post and see updates. 

Now all we see is an outdated list from before Christmas that has pretty much no proper info 

This all being said, I hope for a healthy spring for our boys. We're gonna need it as we trek down the path to capturing lord Stanley's cup! 

cry me a river. Just go to the last page and read back, I don't got time to update every update into the 1st post. People who work behind a screen all day might. Thats like saying update the GDT at the 1st post for every update during a game...good luck with that! Who knows maybe that happens, I could care less I don't look at page 1 post 1 for updates I go to the last page and read back a bit if need be

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

28 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

cry me a river. Just go to the last page and read back, I don't got time to update every update into the 1st post. People who work behind a screen all day might. Thats like saying update the GDT at the 1st post for every update during a game...good luck with that! Who knows maybe that happens, I could care less I don't look at page 1 post 1 for updates I go to the last page and read back a bit if need be

I said no offense bro. And I even mentioned that I'm not capable of it myself... Not trying to sound like I'm better than u or anything

There's lots of guys on here that are active enough to keep it updated, it's a pinned thread, it should be kept up to date if you ask me. 

If it's pinned it's just a convenience factor. 

I don't expect you to have the time for it either, but I think someone else might have the time to do it and keep it right 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Meniscus injuries are highly variable.  The size and position of a tear makes a big difference on what they do and how long the recovery is.

If he had a small tear in a less bothersome area they may just monitor and do PT or do a quick arthroscopic clean up.  A couple weeks recovery in this situation is reasonable.  Bigger tears in more bothersome areas would take longer.

They could have said we will try a stem cell or PRP injection to see if can put off surgery until off season.  Again with PT a couple weeks is reasonable for this.

Heck he could even have a small tear in a ligament and just be giving it a couple weeks to recover and re-evaluate.  Could just be a sprain or strain as well.

Regardless, sucks for us, sucks for him.

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Meniscus injuries are highly variable.  The size and position of a tear makes a big difference on what they do and how long the recovery is.

If he had a small tear in a less bothersome area they may just monitor and do PT or do a quick arthroscopic clean up.  A couple weeks recovery in this situation is reasonable.  Bigger tears in more bothersome areas would take longer.

They could have said we will try a stem cell or PRP injection to see if can put off surgery until off season.  Again with PT a couple weeks is reasonable for this.

Heck he could even have a small tear in a ligament and just be giving it a couple weeks to recover and re-evaluate.  Could just be a sprain or strain as well.

Regardless, sucks for us, sucks for him.

Thanks Doc.  As our resident physician can you tell me the protocol for my concussed tv?

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 7:39 PM, DeNiro said:

If the typical timeline is 4-6 I would imagine it’s a little better for professional athletes receiving world class treatment and rehab.

I'm in construction.  I'm having that procedure in April.  I can go back to work right away, go to the gym or do whatever I want  the very next day 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:27 PM, apollo said:

No offense to the OP but it would be great if we shut this thread down and got an active poster who updates the first post no? 

Not saying I'm the man for the job, but I'm sure someone knowledgeable would be willing to step up to the plate? 

In previous years you could always come in and check the first post and see updates. 

Now all we see is an outdated list from before Christmas that has pretty much no proper info 

This all being said, I hope for a healthy spring for our boys. We're gonna need it as we trek down the path to capturing lord Stanley's cup! 

I appreciate your suggestion Apollo,

This Thread of course needed to be started, but of course when it becomes a dump bucket when we have 4 or more key players out of the lineup, it becomes difficult to follow updates.

perhaps if this thread was Category of its own,  then broken down  Into individual players and prospects.

example:

Injuries Category:

Players:

Markstrom:

Boeser: 
Leivo:

Joulevi:

Ferland:

ALL players and prospects under one header.

21 hours ago, apollo said:

I said no offense bro. And I even mentioned that I'm not capable of it myself... Not trying to sound like I'm better than u or anything

There's lots of guys on here that are active enough to keep it updated, it's a pinned thread, it should be kept up to date if you ask me. 

If it's pinned it's just a convenience factor. 

I don't expect you to have the time for it either, but I think someone else might have the time to do it and keep it right 

I agree, a mod can insert info easily enough.

I made the thread as I like being able to hear about injury updates and there wasn't a thread made yet. If I was retired I would keep it up to date but work life is just hectic unfortunately