if you ask them all seriously

i'm sure this is actually part of the shanaplan

4 years of babs

and then move on to a younger more talented elite coach

for 11 million per season

this is now all nicely rounding into form

go laffs go

brilliant planning

Perhaps Shanahan is an eagle without Wings.

This move is surprising, this is all on Dubas once you get passed the top 6 players on that roster the roster depth is worse than most other teams. 

as for the elephant in the room, I think the Canucks need a “kick in the pants” kind of coach, you see how Travis likes to be positive about everything, that doesn’t fly in pro sports, the only one who has been remotely successful is Pete Carroll, but that’s because he balances it out by having real hard ass assistants. 

Watching so many players openly showing frustration on the ice (slamming sticks, Petey glare when he doesn’t get a pass etc) game after game shows a high level of frustration in that room. I put a lot of that on Green, his systems don’t work, he refuses to make a change in coach for the powerplay, constantly gets out coached game after game. I’d make the switch, Babcock would make a great transition coach for 1-  2 1/2 seasons before finding a long term coach when the team is already become successful on the ice. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

"Babcock's teams generally focus on skills and puck possession."

I'll take that over the dump and chase method deployed by Green.  We have Hughes and Pettersson, why on Earth do we deploy dump and chase methods??

Green must of been inspired by Newell browns dump pass backwards on the pp.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Am I the only one that finds it strange that Shanahan would make this announcement as opposed to Dubas? 

Not really. It seems clear that Babcock and Dubas were at odds. Shanahan is the referee and he made the call. I would imagine that Babcock was given the opportunity to play nicely with Dubas but probably wouldn't yield. Hence the statement yesterday that he would bet on Mike Babcock. Put another way, he was saying that I will do it my way, which likely didn't fit with Dubas' direction.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Am I the only one that finds it strange that Shanahan would make this announcement as opposed to Dubas? 

The thought on this is, because it was Shanahan that pushed for and hired Babcock, that it should be him that fires him, not Dubas.

Keefe, on the other hand, has been Dubas’ guy since the OHL, so this is entirely on him, now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1