The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Oilers, November 30, 2019 -- B2B Part 1 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Schaller is playing on the 4th line. It's Goldobin who will be sitting 

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My preference is to switch Schaller with Eriksson.  Louie is fine on the fourth line.  Not too many minutes, but good defensively.  But he's an anchor playing on any of the first two lines. Poor Bo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

What is Green thinking putting Loui with Bo? Not only has he provided nothing for offence he’s been terrible defensively, it’s a good way to take Bo and Miller out of the game by putting Loui with them

Been a Canuck fan for a long, long time. I don't recall a player I wanted gone more than LE.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Sam Gagner 2nd line center lol?  I don't care how good Cizzle McDizzle's line is the Nucks need to expose these clowns.  Go Nucks!

Q: Who is the only player in the modern era  to record  8 points in a single game? 

A: Sam Gagne ( 4G, 4A February 2nd, 2012).

The previous time this was achieved was by Mario Lemieux in 1989. I know everyone on CDC hates Gagne but he's not a terrible player. 

2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Q: Who is the only player in the modern era  to record  8 points in a single game? 

A: Sam Gagne ( 4G, 4A February 2nd, 2012).

The previous time this was achieved was by Mario Lemieux in 1989. I know everyone on CDC hates Gagne but he's not a terrible player. 

Sam had a few decent years as a streaky, complimentary, skill guy. He was a player you could put on your second line and produce if there was another player driving the play. 

Outside on that one year in Columbus, he's a replacement level NHLer or AHL star for about the last five years. Not a player you want centering your 2nd line.  

1 hour ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

What is Green thinking putting Loui with Bo? Not only has he provided nothing for offence he’s been terrible defensively, it’s a good way to take Bo and Miller out of the game by putting Loui with them

Loui is a actually 9th in the league in the give-away/take-away ratio category so given his limited games and minutes he hasn't been terrible defensively. I'm with you though. I'd rather see him in the press box down in Utica than playing on the wing with Bo.

• Upvote 1