The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

34 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's an interesting conundrum. A lot of successful teams these days have three scoring lines and one checking line. I might actually be tempted to let Gaudette center the third line and put Sutter and Beagle together on the fourth to create a sort of "super checking line". That said, it's damn tempting to put Gaudette into the top six as well. 

Regardless, it's a good problem to have. 

I would split Petey and Boeser and put Gaudette with either of them.

Both Petey and Boeser suffer from the focus on their line. Split them and we get two lethal lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's an interesting conundrum. A lot of successful teams these days have three scoring lines and one checking line. I might actually be tempted to let Gaudette center the third line and put Sutter and Beagle together on the fourth to create a sort of "super checking line". That said, it's damn tempting to put Gaudette into the top six as well. 

Regardless, it's a good problem to have. 

Agreed!

It would be killer to have a third scoring line.

I think we still have too many +/- 0.5 ppg guys though to make three effective scoring lines. You still get left with Bo having to carry sub-par Top 6 scorers.

I don't even know how to look this up, but I think Gaudette is currently second on the team in Points-Per-60 behind Petey. 

I'd like him in the Top 6 as soon as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I would split Petey and Boeser and put Gaudette with either of them.

Both Petey and Boeser suffer from the focus on their line. Split them and we get two lethal lines. 

AG has legitimate modern NHL 3C potential tho. With the way he's developing we have a real chance at 3 scoring lines that can play with speed. Petey is amazing but he's actually still learning and you can see he's starting to figure out how to play with full focus on him, lets let him continue to figure out how to play with pressure. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

AG has legitimate modern NHL 3C potential tho. With the way he's developing we have a real chance at 3 scoring lines that can play with speed. Petey is amazing but he's actually still learning and you can see he's starting to figure out how to play with full focus on him, lets let him continue to figure out how to play with pressure. 

No problems with that. My suggestion is only temporarely. Both Petey and Gaud learns. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

When a team had a start like that, it's not easy to stay focused........though they had a bend in their game, they didn't have a meltdown and that's a step in the right direction.  

needed this practice game before the Caps and Pens games  lol

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so it was just one game, but boy am I happy with that Jake Roussel AG line. imo they were the most consistent line last night. Jake actually seemed to know what his role was too. 

Roussel brings an energy that we need, big time! 

Edited by aliboy
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Burr, you brought a lot in previous years. 

You also brought the spirit, hardworking, energies, lucks to the team last night.

Congrat to Roussel, MacEwen and Gantenberg, all got the 1st goal this season.

Demko presented great.

It seems Guarantee is great dangerous, full of potentials.

Great first.

rest of the game kinda had me on the edge of my seat and not all for good reasons. 

Great see burr again and hopefully if burr got up there maybe they will put kes one day :) 

great to see rooster back...I think rooster Guad and Jake will be a pain to play against. 

Okay....I was kinda stoned last night but I swear there was a minus vote last.....WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO!!!

• Haha 3

That was a fun game to watch. Loved the Burr ceremony, great to see him enshrined at Rogers now. Roussel's first shift scoring that beauty from Gaudette. Even Jake looked good for a player who wasn't feeling well. Demko was very solid with 40 saves, probably gave up too many shots to OTT. They'll need to fix that. Nice to see Fantenberg rewarded.