The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Russia | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2020 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

That was the worst officiated game I've seen since Canucks v Bruins.

You guys can argue it, and throw witty one liners about both teams diving, the Russians starting it :rolleyes:, whatever. I'm glad Canada won, but I wanted to watch the 2 best teams duke it out, not the referees. Disgusting.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Toews said:

There is no honour in losing. You have to be able to adjust the way you play to the standard of the officiating. Besides in a short tournament no one will remember nor care who played the game 'the right way'. We have our gold medal and I couldn't be more ecstatic. B)

Exactly

Players don't make the calls, they just play the game to what is given them

Bad calls were made on both sides

One bad call for Hayton gave them a goal

One (maybe) missed interpreted call was not a guaranteed goal for them (even then we had a free shot at an open net)

We won as we should have

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Amebushi said:

Feels a little tainted, but good teams find a way to win. Congrats to the Canadian boys and someone sign that camera to an NHL contract!  

Dubas is on it. A cap saving move and it should be mobile enough to crack the Leaf’s defence.

• Haha 3

Wow hayton looks like a stud, coyotes look like they got a good one there. As far as all the diving stuff goes I hate it but can’t really blame the canadians, the russians were flopping all over as usual and getting the calls so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Here’s to hoping benning starts drafting some more homegrown talent.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

There is no honour in losing. You have to be able to adjust the way you play to the standard of the officiating. Besides in a short tournament no one will remember nor care who played the game 'the right way'. We have our gold medal and I couldn't be more ecstatic. B)

What, no whining about the refs?

Could it be? 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Amebushi said:

Yes...but no, but really umm can’t he just dominate, get robbed and then have Canada score the winner the other way?

Canada needs to find an identity that doesn’t revolve around the US. 

Basically “Canada needs to find its political gender and run with it. “

This wishy washy $&!#e is harming everyone, whether or not you believe it. 

• Wat 3

That game was bonkers. 

I was screaming and yelling at my TV. 

I couldn't watch at moments 

I’ll say it again the world Juniors might be the best hockey to watch on earth. 

felt bad for the Russians some silly calls at the end against them would have preferred we won the game without the refs making it 5-3. 

Congrats Boys !  

1 minute ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Canada needs to find an identity that doesn’t revolve around the US. 

Basically “Canada needs to find its political gender and run with it. “

This wishy washy $&!#e is harming everyone, whether or not you believe it. 

What are you smoking?  This was a game between Canada and the Russians. The US has nothing to do with it. Whatever gender issues you may have please leave me out of it. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

That game was bonkers. 

felt bad for the Russians some silly calls at the end against them would have preferred we won the game without the refs making it 5-3. 

Congrats Boys !  

well, the camera call was confusing for everyone, but they did follow the letter of the rule.  What other silly calls?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

That game was bonkers. 

Congrats Boys !  

You can't play the puck with a broken stick, no silly call was made... 

• Cheers 2

What a game. Most if not all penalties were legitimate, whether or not the refs could've had looser criteria for calling the game is a whole other debate.

Congrats on the kids for brining home the gold. Will be interesting to see who makes the cut in the big leagues as I still don't see much NHL star power here.

8 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

What are you smoking?  This was a game between Canada and the Russians. The US has nothing to do with it. Whatever gender issues you may have please leave me out of it. 

Retreat! Retreat!

i wasnt talking about a random meaningless game. Im commenting on how our whole country can blindly follow some kids playing a kids game, but cant seem to decide on anything other than that. 

Seriously, it is spectacles of entertainment like this that are ruining us. 

• Wat 3