The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights. Gerard Gallant fired

Rate this topic

redhdlois

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Travis Green has been with the Canucks for 2.5 seasons and he is the 10th longest-tenured coach in the NHL. 

Lol. Keefe is the 28th most tenured coach in the NHL already. 

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

That's a bit of a shocker... tight race in the Pacific, would have thought any moves like this would have been made post season (had they missed)

why do people think everything should happen in the off season?

Need I remind, StLouis?

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

why do people think everything should happen in the off season?

Need I remind, StLouis?

Yea but Vegas isn’t last in the NHL like St. Louis was, Vegas just had a bad string of losses due to poor goaltending and defensive mistakes (that’s on the players), St. Louis was picked by a lot of people to be in the conference finals and majorly underachieved last year prior to the coaching change

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

This is weird

I wonder if there is something about this guy. Strange firing for him in Florida too.

you might be right, however the first guy to fire him did not last the year and Kelly McCrimmon was gifted a good team but has very little GM experience.

McCrimmon interview is pretty underwhelming.

edit, Kelly McCrimmon has lots of WHL GM experience and has been assistant with Vegas for the full ride. But sometimes guys have a different experience when faced with NHL talent, egos, and other GMs

Edited by lmm

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

Have to think there's more to the firing besides performance.

How quickly he's snapped up may help explain this, but in the meantime we have the longest serving coach in the pacific..lol 

"As a manager, sometimes you have a feeling that something isn't the way you need it to be or want it to be. We feel we've underperformed a little bit, and that's not to pile at the foot of Mike and Gerard but sometimes you feel a change is needed." -McCrimmon

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

20 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

trying to decide whats more shocking, The firing or the fact Vintage Canuck didnt break this story. :P

I think Vintage has been busy monitoring weather reports for the OMG Snow! thread....on a per second basis....B)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Have to think there's more to the firing besides performance.

How quickly he's snapped up may help explain this, but in the meantime we have the longest serving coach in the pacific..lol 

Gallant’s record is something like 200 wins and 100 losses.  

33 minutes ago, mll said:

"As a manager, sometimes you have a feeling that something isn't the way you need it to be or want it to be. We feel we've underperformed a little bit, and that's not to pile at the foot of Mike and Gerard but sometimes you feel a change is needed." -McCrimmon

Imagine the phone call.

"Sorry Gerard, I'm letting you go. I just have a feeling it's the right thing to do."

It's as if he got a fortune cookie that said to fire the coach.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Imagine the phone call.

"Sorry Gerard, I'm letting you go. I just have a feeling it's the right thing to do."

It's as if he got a fortune cookie that said to fire the coach.

Sure wish JB ate Chinese and got a fortune cookie telling him to get Gallant.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think Detroit lets Blashill go and scoops up GG....

One of the least exciting names in hockey today!

But then, was there a more appropriate name to coach the (golden) knights?  Vegas made a double goof dumping him!