The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-round-robin-best-of-5-series-dates-times/c-317365910

With the dates and the schedule announced, I think that in terms of ice allocation we have got a daily good set of  slots being first on the ice for (Potentially) three games.

I see with the heavy ice usage there being some degradation in the later games so hopefully this means we can play hockey more than have to game mans the rink situation 

8 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

BUSTED! haha.

I have holidays over that time and won't have cable.

There is always radio....game 7 94 against Calgary  we were camping ... sitting like you say by the lake a bunch of friends (pre-booked and we decided to go ) and it was pretty cool actually.    Back then the radio announcers were better then the TV ones so a bit of an added bonus too...  best of both worlds for your lake house holiday 

15 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Then what was with that post earlier saying that if you have made the qualifier you have made the playoffs technically which will mess around with some trades.

Was that not a reputable tweet?

It’s already been confirmed by the nhl that if the Canucks lose to the wild they keep the pick as they missed the playoffs. If the play-in round is cancelled NJ gets the 17th overall pick, based on point average the canucks are a playoff team. If they win the play-in round NJ gets the pick, whatever it ends up being. 

Edited by peaches5

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

There is always radio....game 7 94 against Calgary  we were camping ... sitting like you say by the lake a bunch of friends (pre-booked and we decided to go ) and it was pretty cool actually.    Back then the radio announcers were better then the TV ones so a bit of an added bonus too...  best of both worlds for your lake house holiday 

Yea good call I like it. Sitting on the boat or dock listening to the game seems like a great time.

• Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea good call I like it. Sitting on the boat or dock listening to the game seems like a great time.

Back in the day radio was so good my brother and sometimes me too would watch the games with the volume off and listen to the radio instead.    It’s definitely better then no hockey ... and I’m sure you will get the itch to see what’s going on so enjoy!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

I honestly don't even care that much anymore.  With a long furlough everyone is going to be rusty and it just won't be the same. The NHL should just start fresh with a new season  early in September and call this one a wash. 

I feel the players deserve this...it's a bit unfinished/unresolved and gives closure to the season.

I'm ok either way...if they had to shut it down tomorrow with spikes happening, I'd understand.  I'm dyyyying for hockey but really want to make sure everyone stays safe.  But if the players want to play, why not?    They're all starting from the same place with he provision to opt out so it's fair in that regard.

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I don’t blame him. I doubt the Canucks would play him anyway so why fly in and be away from his family just to sit in the press box. 

I really hoped we would see him don a Canucks sweater one last time. Maybe even somehow get into a game and make an impact.

Guess it wasn’t meant to be. Good player for us though and seemed like a good guy.

• Cheers 1