The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 07, 2020 | Canucks win series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

53 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Having gone through decades of playoffs with this great team of ours, I always look back and ask, what could we have done to improve our chances of winning the elusive Cup. 

Looking back to 94', we almost had all of the pieces in place; Mental toughness, Leadership,  Great Goaltending, Young Stars, a PMD. What I wished we had back then was that heavy, big ,high minute man D man who was punishing to the opponents. No Murzyn was NOT that guy. ::D Also, veteran leadership with Cup experience.

What we had to endure was a complete team , the best that money could buy who had all of those attributes. They basically scooped all of the vets from the Cup Winning Oilers to compliment their Stars. 

The WCE days were good but we lacked that great goaltending and mental toughness. The beginnings of our great regular seasons and not so great playoffs.

The 2011 playoffs had some great components but again we lacked that mental toughness in that we barely made it through the previous rounds where we made it much harder then it should have been. Again we lacked that big bruising D man and Leadership.

TODAY? I see components that we lacked in previous decades. We have that big bruising D man, we have a young phenom PMD, Leadership, Mental Toughness, good goaltending, veterans with Cup experience and obviously our young stars. 

Props to JB for assembling such a complete Team with all the tools needed to succeed. We are not overly Defensive nor are we overly Offensive, we are somewhere in between with a balance which can adapt to different styles of play. 

Looking forward to the next couple of years and very confident this version of our beloved team is destined for some very great things. Go Canucks Go! :canucks:

Quoted for clear, concise delivery. Thanks sir, for the POTD!

• Thanks 4

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Miller

Samuelsson - Pearson

Burrows - Roussel

Raymond - Toffoli

Higgins - Sutter

Lapierre - Motte

Torres - Horvat

Hansen - Virtanen

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Myers

Salo - Myers

Edler - Edler

Tanev - Juolevi / Fantenberg

Luongo - Markstrom

I put Myers as a combo of Bieksa and Salo, because he has a boom of a shot and he provides a lot of physicality. 

Not listed:

2011 - Glass, Tambellini, Oreksovich, Rome and Ballard, etc. Kinda meh.

2020 - Beagle, MacEwen, Gaudette, Eriksson and Stecher. Better. 

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Miller

Samuelsson - Pearson

Burrows - Roussel

Raymond - Toffoli

Higgins - Sutter

Lapierre - Motte

Torres - Horvat

Hansen - Virtanen

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Myers

Salo - Myers

Edler - Edler

Luongo - Markstrom

I put Myers as a combo of Bieksa and Salo, because he has a boom of a shot and he provides a lot of physicality. 

Not listed:

Beagle brings a lot of the same things as Malhotra did too.  Leadership, face-offs, PK beast.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

where is theat great interview with Tanev?

Q " how are you going to cely n a bubble?"

T "I don't know, we'll take off our gear and figure something out"

woot, who wants to party with Tanev nekid?Deb? Twilight. Bree, I-batch?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

When you spend all your XP on neck length.

Shoulder pads           no shoulder pads?

Maybe not?

Is his height listed as the same then and now? How old was he in the first photo?

I used to have a scrunched neck and straightened it somewhat using stretches combined with trigger point injections. My co-workers commented on it and said I appeared taller.

Edited by RWMc1

29 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Henrik - Pettersson

Daniel - Boeser

Kesler - Miller

Samuelsson - Pearson

Burrows - Roussel

Raymond - Toffoli

Higgins - Sutter

Lapierre - Motte

Torres - Horvat

Hansen - Virtanen

Ehrhoff - Hughes

Hamhuis - Tanev

Bieksa - Myers

Salo - Myers

Edler - Edler

Luongo - Markstrom

Not listed:

I like the 2020 forward group but a bit shy on defence. However if the defence can play like they did vs the Wild interesting things can happen!

Ps Torres is no Horvat 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It's a totally different team. Why live in the past?

Pettersson was more physical in the Play-in series than Hank was in his entire Play-off career. He also has a way better shot. That's just the first one on the list.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RWMc1 said:

It's a totally different team. Why live in the past?

Pettersson was more physical in the Play-in series than Hank was in his entire Play-off career. He also has a way better shot. That's just the first one on the list.

For sure they are different. Maybe not quite the same caliber team this year but seems like we could be a better playoff team.

The guy was just making a comparison for fun