The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

23 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I never said it wasn't - even under yesterday's heat conditions :lol:

Though it should be said that there's a fine line between what mods of this site deems as unacceptable graphic violence and memes from movies that are acceptable.  I recall a post many moons ago where I described violence almost as graphic as this (or maybe marginally more graphic... I don't know, all I remember is that it was self-directed, meaning explaining graphic violence performed on me) but got nailed for it.  So ymmv.  Having said that, I love graphic violence, and this clip is one of my faves from that movie.  ;)

I do my best, 6. I guess the violence in this instance is being used ironically. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Fan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I wonder how many posters realize this is from a great 70’s sitcom (All in the Family) that touched on extremely hot topics of the time.  Topics so hot this show wouldn’t be on TV today.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder how many posters realize this is from a great 70’s sitcom (All in the Family) that touched on extremely hot topics of the time.  Topics so hot this show wouldn’t be on TV today.  

There is some truth to this, Alf.

E3AF4F38-CD7F-473C-B885-10F2E31D6CD9.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Literally about 2 hours ago sitting on my patio having a smoke this was me :lol:

Chuck Norris doesn't sweat though!  It's just fluid that is afraid of getting a roundhouse kick that runs away from his body thru his pores!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

How's everyone beating the heat?

8 hours ago, gurn said:

Part way through yesterday; I began soaking hats and toques, then freezing them to wear for about 20 minutes at a time. :)

Peaked at 41C inside my place, expecting around 45-46 at approx. 6pm this evening. :(

Edit to add:

If you spary water/mist at the inlet to your portable air conditioner, it helps; drops the cool air temp by 5-6 degrees farenhiet for a few minutes

35.2 outside my place, peak heat isn't for another 2 hours.

38 inside my non airconditioned rooms and29 inside the 2 rooms of refuge.

• RoughGame 1