The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

If Titans go WR in round 1 I think it will be Moore or Bateman. 

If they go CB it wil probably be Farley or Samuels jr

I haven't really looked at any mock drafts or anything so not sure if we can get any of those guys with our 2nd pick. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2021 at 5:56 AM, Mackcanuck said:

Watched Aaron Rodgers on Jeopardy last night

The Canadian contestant in final jeopardy answered

"Who wanted to kick that field goal??"

Made me laugh out loud!!

Rodgers response was

“That is a great question. Should be correct, but unfortunately for this game today it’s incorrect.”

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers, some NFL insiders (including Adam Schefter) are reporting that he wants out of Green Bay:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2941907-aaron-rodgers-reportedly-unhappy-with-packers-doesnt-want-to-return-to-gb?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Aaron Rodgers' comments after the NFC Championship Game weren't a heat-of-the-moment incident after all.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the reigning NFL MVP is "so disgruntled" with the Green Bay Packers that he's told some members of the organization that he doesn't want to return to the team.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported earlier Thursday the San Francisco 49ers reached out to the Packers about Rodgers, but no formal offer was made. A source told Pelissero there is a "zero percent chance" Green Bay deals Rodgers.

Per NFL reporter Trey Wingo, the Packers told Rodgers they were going to trade him this offseason but then backed off. He informed them "within the last week" that he wouldn't return, regardless of whether he gets dealt.

According to Schefter, the Packers are aware of Rodgers' feelings and have sent head coach Matt LaFleur, president Mark Murphy and general manager Brian Gutekunst to meet with their star quarterback individually this offseason.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told Schefter. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success, and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Per Schefter, the Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract. His deal runs through the 2023 season.

However, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports noted Rodgers' frustration with Green Bay is about "more than a contract" and that "he's pretty strongly convicted that he doesn't want to go back" to the Packers.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Rodgers' agent, Dave Dunn, has met with Packers executives "for several days ... to work through the situation."

Rapoport noted Rodgers wants an extension and refused to restructure his deal. Green Bay "rebuffed" teams that called about his availability and offered to extend him, but the three-time NFL MVP turned it down. 

Citing an "unimpeachable source," ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reported Rodgers' list of preferred landing spots includes the 49ers, Denver Broncos and Las Vegas Raiders.

Florio added that Rodgers wanted Green Bay to accept the 49ers' reported offer.

49 minutes ago, DonLever said:

1st surprise of NFL Draft is SF picking Trey Lance over Mac Jones for 3rd pick overall.  Many predicted Mac Jones would be chosen 3rd by SF.

I have a feeling Lance is going to be a very special player for SF. He reminds me of Russell Wilson with his mobility, arm throw strength. One of the best players in this year’s draft

5 hours ago, DonLever said:

Bears move up the Draft to pick Justin Fields with 11th pick. 

NE picks Mac Jones with 15th pick.

I was pissed that my Broncos didn't pick Fields. Surtain is a fine player, probably almost a guaranteed pro bowler, but defence was not the issue with the Broncos, its the offence. The fact that we signed Fuller, and Darby, drafting a CB is redundant. If Fields lights it up, this pick will be really be questioned. Good job on the Giants to get a massive haul moving back. They basically got "desperate for a QB" pricing for their pick

If Mac Jones was going to succeed, its in NE, he'll be better than Zach Wilson, and I'll take it a step further that I think Wilson will be the worst out of all the QBs

6 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I have a feeling Lance is going to be a very special player for SF. He reminds me of Russell Wilson with his mobility, arm throw strength. One of the best players in this year’s draft

Kyle Shanahans scheme (very similar to his dads) turned RG3 into a star. Trey Lance upside is absolutely nuts if Shanahan can coach him up

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

I was pissed that my Broncos didn't pick Fields. Surtain is a fine player, probably almost a guaranteed pro bowler, but defence was not the issue with the Broncos, its the offence. The fact that we signed Fuller, and Darby, drafting a CB is redundant. If Fields lights it up, this pick will be really be questioned. Good job on the Giants to get a massive haul moving back. They basically got "desperate for a QB" pricing for their pick

If Mac Jones was going to succeed, its in NE, he'll be better than Zach Wilson, and I'll take it a step further that I think Wilson will be the worst out of all the QBs

Both Fuller and Darby are short term solutions, and I would expect to be playing a lot of nickel anyway..  Let's see what Lock can do with a full season of Sutton, along with last year's WR crop taking a step forward.  I'd rather bring in Watson at a discounted price anyway.

Edited by King Heffy

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I was too because it wiped out the cowboys on the top corners. At least we were able to trade back for an extra 3rd rounder and still get a good player in the 1rst. Good on the bears to come up for Fields! Think both Carolina and Denver will be wishing they fixed their long term QB future with Justin Fields.

My thoughts on Mac (who I predicted in early January should be the Patriots target at 15 and would be a year 1 back up) can be summed up as:

Nick Saban and BB are best friends. Saban over the last 2 months during his many off the record conversations with Belichick would've told Belichick to stay away if he didn't think Jones would succeed in a similar environment in NE. 

I like the pick and I like the player, and don't expect to see anything out of him until 2022 barring an injury.

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Like the Surtain pick a lot, especially with Mahomes in the same division.  Jacksonville should be a lot of fun to watch with Etienne and Lawrence remaining teammates.

Surtain will be a Packer post June 1st. 

Edited by Van40