The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

none football fan here.

1 question.

Is the BC Lions logo a female African Lion? or a Cougar ( Mtn Lion) ?

Reason I ask is that it does not have a mane. So, I thought, it must be a male Cougar as it is representing a male team.

But I've heard their cheerleaders be referred to as 'the pride' as well as the 'felions'  they also have some programs called 'Lions pride' bringing me back to African Lion...hmm..

Maybe its Aslan, post shave?

Mountain Lion....or Cougar. Basically the same thing, but the name comes from Mountain Lion. Lots of 'em on Vancouver Island....

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Claybrooks made his share of mistakes, (as does any rookie HC) but it's pretty harsh to put it on him, when his O-Line couldn't block anybody for over half the season....

Not to mention no D-line. They fired the wrong guy. I’m sure Calgary will re-hire him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

It's a cougar. It makes a cougar roar it took me quite awhile to figure that out.

Thanks, thought it was. Haven't heard the roar, but I wouldn't know what big cat it could be anyway. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Mountain Lion....or Cougar. Basically the same thing, but the name comes from Mountain Lion. Lots of 'em on Vancouver Island....

Gotcha, some sort of Puma.

They should drop this 'pride' business.

I lived on the island from age 8-18, didn't see any Cougars except for a few of the neighbourhood moms. I know the real ones exist though, I will steer clear when I move back. 

On 11/6/2019 at 11:34 AM, Alflives said:

Does it really matter who the coach is, and what the team's record is?

The Lions could win 18 straight, and still there would be less than 20,000 paying butts in seats.  

The CFL is done as soon as TSN's contract dollars disappear.  

The league can't afford to pay the players a quality wage, so most (if not all) young US guys stay south and work at regular jobs.  The talent pool is terrible, and the level of play is not of a professional standard.  I really don't know how this league needs to adapt so it can survive.  

They adopt four down football and become a farm team league for the NFL . 

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Imagine how many Seahawks fans would be at each Lions game if they were watching recent Seattle draft picks and potential future roster players playing 4 down football. 

How else is the CFL going to survive if not as farm teams?  We could have 10 teams and each has a connection to 3 NFL teams or something like that.  We’d surely get way better talent coming up from the States then.  Right now the league is really poor football.  

On the league sucking. It's true. 

Who was the last Cameron Wake? A dominate player in the CFL who became a very solid player for the dolphins.

Not only stars who play a year or 2 then go south. At the moment there is no Geroy Simon's, Burris, Ray, Cavillo, Chad Owen's, ect.. 

At the moment I say Mitchell is the only star that keeps producing. 

Qbs change so often in this league when before it was burris, Ray, Durant, pierce and lulay for the longest of times it felt 

Edit

Also is it harder to find Americans who want to come north? These guys have university degrees. Is 80k in the cold if u r from Texas better then a 50k  job to build upon for the future of life? Especially with new leagues starting. Maybe the answer is to start in February and go till August for less conflict with the NFL. I know I tend to lose focus and care less once NFL season begins. I know I am not alone in this either 

Big questions marks for sure coming up for the league as a whole. Idk if the answer is more teams in Halifax, Quebec city, Saskatoon, victoria/Kelowna/surrey and go from there.  Should be an interesting off season for sure.  

For bc lions I haven't gone to a game in a decade. So expensive to live here is a problem but I rather spend a little more money for some upper bowl Canucks games, concerts or whitecaps games. Bc lions is down the list as far as weekend entertainment goes. Bad atmosphere, bad football for a while now. I wonder what new ownership will do with the team. 

Edited by milk and honey

The one thing that baffles me the most about this Grey Cup, is it's not televised on CBC.... Instead TSN carries the Grey Cup, so people have to have a tv provider to watch a game that already struggles to get viewers imo. Why not put it on CBC and people who don't pay for cable could actually pick up the game on satellite and watch it, and maybe get more people interested watching this sport, but hey who cares right why would you want more people watching the CFL :gocan:

5 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The one thing that baffles me the most about this Grey Cup, is it's not televised on CBC.... Instead TSN carries the Grey Cup, so people have to have a tv provider to watch a game that already struggles to get viewers imo. Why not put it on CBC and people who don't pay for cable could actually pick up the game on satellite and watch it, and maybe get more people interested watching this sport, but hey who cares right why would you want more people watching the CFL :gocan:

TSN gave the CFL a boatload of cash. They have the broadcast rights to the league. Thus no CBC!

• Upvote 1

Unless you are Winnipeg fan, this Grey Cup was a bust.   Who likes a blow out win by one team unless you are the fan of the winning team.

Nevertheless, Hamilton played awful, both offensively and defensively and Winnipeg deserved to win.  Andrew Harris played great.   Hamilton simply could not stop anything Winnipeg did, especially Harris.  Plus the fact that Hamilton turned the ball over so times did not help them either.

Edited by DonLever
  • Cheers 2