The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

NOtice it’s always men that are this drunk and stupid.  We don’t see women running around in the freezing cold with their tops off, now do we?  

Did I ever tell you about the time my brother and my ex tried to get on to the field to block a Winnipeg field goal?

Oh...never mind (it didn't end well).  :lol::towel:

Much alcohol was involved

• Haha 3

Pretty exciting ending in the Winnipeg - Saskatchewan game.

Although I didn't have a dog in the fight, I was glad to see the Bombers get the defensive stop on the final drive....the long pass on 3rd down previously should have been ruled incomplete, as it hit the ground. I can't really blame the replay official as there wasn't 100% evidence to overturn, but the wrong call was made in real time.

Also nice to see the Ti-Cats beat Toronto, after the league bent the rules to help the Argos out.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

108th Grey Cup is on today at  3pm Pacific:

Hamilton versus Winnipeg, game in Hamilton

TSN for the coverage.

I'm leaning towards wanting Winnipeg to win, as they have former Lions Adam Bighill and Andrew Harris on their team.

Though I mainly just want a good exciting game.

9 hours ago, gurn said:

108th Grey Cup is on today at  3pm Pacific:

Hamilton versus Winnipeg, game in Hamilton

TSN for the coverage.

I'm leaning towards wanting Winnipeg to win, as they have former Lions Adam Bighill and Andrew Harris on their team.

Though I mainly just want a good exciting game.

A few former Lions on both teams. It almost looks like a Lions alumni game. Great game as well. Makes me want to watch more CFL games.

• Upvote 1

Hamilton could have won the Grey Cup if they did not give up the single point when receiving the kickoff with 2 minutes left.  The single made it 25-22 for Winnipeg.  Without the single the score would be 24-22.  As it turned out Hamilton moved all the way to the 5 yard line and settled for a tying field goal instead of a winning field goal, 25-25.

Final score 33-25 Winnipeg over Hamilton in overtime.

17 hours ago, DonLever said:

Hamilton could have won the Grey Cup if they did not give up the single point when receiving the kickoff with 2 minutes left.  The single made it 25-22 for Winnipeg.  Without the single the score would be 24-22.  As it turned out Hamilton moved all the way to the 5 yard line and settled for a tying field goal instead of a winning field goal, 25-25.

Final score 33-25 Winnipeg over Hamilton in overtime.

True - but if he ran it out - more time would have come off the clock and they may have had to try for a longer field goal into the wind.

Likewise, I thought it was odd that the Bombers gave up 2 points earlier.

But, they persevered!  

Yay Bombers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Heretic
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Geroy Simon, moving up the ladder of cfl management.

Just named assistant G.M of the Edmonton Elks.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/edmonton-elks-name-cfl-legend-geroy-simon-assistant-general-manager/ar-AASdpVs?ocid=msedgntp

AASdbXg.img?h=943&w=1438&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

The Edmonton Elks have added Geroy Simon, one of the Canadian Football League's all-time great receivers, to the club's front-office staff.

The 46-year-old Simon will serve as assistant general manager under new Elks general manager and head coach Chris Jones.

Jones was hired Dec. 21, nearly month after Edmonton terminated the contracts of chief executive officer Chris Presson, GM Brock Sunderland and head coach Jaime Elizondo following a 3-11 season.

Simon, who retired in 2013 as the CFL's all-time leader in receiving yards following a 15-year career with the B.C. Lions, Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders, spent the last six seasons as director of global scouting for the Lions.

He was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 2017.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 28, 2021.

The Canadian Press

• Cheers 2

On 12/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, gurn said:

Geroy Simon, moving up the ladder of cfl management.

Just named assistant G.M of the Edmonton Elks.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/edmonton-elks-name-cfl-legend-geroy-simon-assistant-general-manager/ar-AASdpVs?ocid=msedgntp

AASdbXg.img?h=943&w=1438&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

The Edmonton Elks have added Geroy Simon, one of the Canadian Football League's all-time great receivers, to the club's front-office staff.

The 46-year-old Simon will serve as assistant general manager under new Elks general manager and head coach Chris Jones.

Jones was hired Dec. 21, nearly month after Edmonton terminated the contracts of chief executive officer Chris Presson, GM Brock Sunderland and head coach Jaime Elizondo following a 3-11 season.

Simon, who retired in 2013 as the CFL's all-time leader in receiving yards following a 15-year career with the B.C. Lions, Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders, spent the last six seasons as director of global scouting for the Lions.

He was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 2017.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 28, 2021.

The Canadian Press

The Lions always miss out on talent right from under their noses. First Dave Dickenson and now looks like Geroy Simon.

Travesty the club couldn't have promoted him or show him a path to be the GM one day.

Good for him though.

• Cheers 2

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

BC Lions QB Michael Reilly Has Retired

CFL All-Star 2017
CFL West All-Star 2014, 2017
Career stats
Passing completions 2,772
Passing attempts 4,134
Completion percentage 67.1
TDINT 182-105
Passing yards 34,805
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

BC Lions QB Michael Reilly Has Retired

Over the past few years, someone I know personally has had lots of interaction with Michael Reilly at BC Place. He's been the poster boy team mate for a very bad football team, and was always respectful on the sidelines, in good and mostly bad times on the field. Do any of you see him as an offensive coach, or qb coach in the CFL?

• Upvote 2