The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Lions with another great showing.

Rourke is the real deal. Broke the record for most yards passing by a Canadian qb.

Burnham and Butler out though...don't like that. But good that they could get it done without them.

Woo!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

Lions with another great showing.

Rourke is the real deal.

Burnham and Butler out though...don't like that. But good that they could get it done without them.

Woo!

Thanks for the post!
Sorry to miss this game. We are camped on the shores of Stuart Lake in Ft St James with only the skimpiest cell connection. Would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give the score and any other information.

The stats on Nathan Rourke over 2 games are just  incredible

65 comp on 74 attempts     87.8%

0 interceptions with 7 Tds

718 yards including, as Deb mentioned, a  Canadian qb record tonight of  436 yard in a single game.

Out scoring the opposition 103-18

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, -DLC- said:

What a different feeling from last year....when we just had NOTHING to cheer about. At all.

It is looking like we will have lots to cheer about this year. Either the Lions are very good or the Elks and Argos are really bad. 
I am thinking that it is more of the former than latter. 

• Cheers 1

The broadcast crew made a big deal out of it, but for those who didn't watch the game, Nathan Rourke set a record for passing yards by a Canadian QB, with 436 yards in last night's win.

I was surprised to see that the previous record was held be Gerry Dattilio, (and not Russ Jackson) but Dattilio's 427 yard total had stood since 1981.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Saturday July 9th will be the measuring stick for the Lions - Blue Bombers look to be the team to beat again

I'm looking forward to this game as well, as I think the Lions have a shot to contend this year.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, smithers joe said:

rourke reminds me of my favourite lions qb, dave dickinson, in the way he finds open players.

I have a feeling Rourke might bring fan excitement to the level Casey Printers did in 2004, but his playing style is closer to Dave Dickenson. Rourke is very poised in the pocket. Instead of scrambling all the time like young QB tend to do, he actually goes through his reads and checkdowns like a veteran. His actually throwing ability looks great too. Has some real zip on intermediate and deep balls. Dave Dickenson was super accurate, but didn't have the deep ball arm. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Lions win their third game.

Much closer than the previous two.

Rourke with 2 interceptions, but over all played well. got a ton of yards again.

5 days between games, they bent, but didn't break. The bodies were tired, and so was the minds of the guys. Good gut out win on the road against a very desperate team, trying to win their first game of the season. Bring on the Bombers.

• Cheers 1