The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

His contract is up after next season. No guarantee we'll re-sign him.

Benning has stated a couple of time he really likes Burrows work ethic and that he is the type of personality that our scouts should look for. I think thats a good sign that Benning likes Burrows

Benning has stated a couple of time he really likes Burrows work ethic and that he is the type of personality that our scouts should look for. I think thats a good sign that Benning likes Burrows

Liking him is one thing, re-signing him is another. Players these days don't tend to take pay cuts, even if his numbers are down.

If he's looking for 3-4 million, we may be better off investing that in our D, and giving more youth a chance.

As much as I love Burrows, I'm with DeNiro. Unless he's willing to sign for a reasonable 3rd liner amount,  he's likely gone. Even if he does, he'll likely be finishing his career more so in the bottom 6 which still opens a spot for -and a requirement for keeping - Shinkaruk. 

Our potential future top 6, 

Baertschi-McCann-Boeser

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Virtanen: I especially like this like as all three are fast, feisty, can shoot the puck, and work hard on the boards, and Shinkaruk's lack of size is more than compensated for with Bo and Virtanen. I really hope Hunter gets a shot with Bo and Virt in preseason next year.

I thought Shink was one of the better prospects in the exhibition games, but looked pretty rubbish early I the tournament I wonder if they made their decision early on? So good for him to get a few goals.  Was also cool to see Gaunce and Vey in there too.

stop trying to trade all of our prospects who are developing.

hey, thanks for the compliment!  I didn't realize my posting could influence JB.  Very cool. :)

im saying to trade some prospects from fowRd, a position of strength, to get prospects on d, a position of relative weakness.

hey, thanks for the compliment!  I didn't realize my posting could influence JB.  Very cool. :)

im saying to trade some prospects from fowRd, a position of strength, to get prospects on d, a position of relative weakness.

Alf, maybe Jim wants to see how the big Russian pans out first and of course Pedan looked pretty decent when he came up.

I don't think we need to start trading away developing assets yet. For one thing I won't consider this team out of the woods until we draft a game changing gritty sniper and so far we have failed in that aim imo.

its called the draft, that is where we need to get defensemen for free. not losing our assets.

its called the draft, that is where we need to get defensemen for free. not losing our assets.

Its not losing assests as much as rearranging assets.

Shinkuark, Jensen, Cassels, Virtanen, Horvat, Baertschi, McCann, Grenier, Vey

the list goes on and on we have too many forwards and need to upgrade our depth on the backend. You can only play 12 forwards and 6 defence man and trading one assets for a similar asset but a different position/need is good asset mangement

the list goes on and on we have too many forwards and need to upgrade our depth on the backend. You can only play 12 forwards and 6 defence man and trading one assets for a similar asset but a different position/need is good asset mangement

Gstank knows.

Sure, but we're going to need at LEAST two top 6 LW's after Daniel retires. Right now we have Baer and Shink who are both quite promising but neither are guaranteed locks to be those guys. Trading either away at this point wouldn't be prudent IMO.

Archived