The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

Ripping it at cultus yday on a boat, look to the side see a boat just full of hotties twerking, who’s driving? None other than jake lol . Hope he’s taking his offeseason seriously we need him to become a big time contributor 

image.png.29a713c8f53102fdc6a2d32f228b2cc5.png dont see anybody saying stuff about kane?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Ripping it at cultus yday on a boat, look to the side see a boat just full of hotties twerking, who’s driving? None other than jake lol . Hope he’s taking his offeseason seriously we need him to become a big time contributor 

baDA5J7jake.gif

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

image.png.29a713c8f53102fdc6a2d32f228b2cc5.png dont see anybody saying stuff about kane?

Not currently, but plenty have in the past, including his GM telling him he has a problem.  Kane's issues almost derailed his career, whether he's gotten help or has learned to manage his issues, Patrick Kane is a very dangerous role model for Virtanen to aspire to.

Kane's antics Are a lot worse than anything Jake has had reported.  Jake can't even go boating with friends on a weekend without someone questioning his work ethic.  I suppose with no hockey our discussions revert to this.  Just another crazy summer without a cup or play-offs. :)

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Kane's antics Are a lot worse than anything Jake has had reported.  Jake can't even go boating with friends on a weekend without someone questioning his work ethic.  I suppose with no hockey our discussions revert to this.  Just another crazy summer without a cup or play-offs. :)

If Jake was 1/10th the player Kane was right from the get-go, his antics wouldn't have mattered. 
Nobody cares that Jagr sleeps with girls half his age randomly either. Why ? Because he is Jagr. 
Jake, is a nobody right now and high picks who are nobodies in any sport, will forever get the evil eye for having fun, instead of working their tails off to justify their selection as high.

Long may the criticism of Jake continue as long as he pots 10 goals and 20 points/year and as soon as he starts getting (if he gets there) to the 50 point plateau, it will disappear/be a non-factor.

• Wat 1

6 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Anytime he’s seen sitting down people question his conditioning. Guy cracks a smile he’s soft. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Anytime he’s seen sitting down people question his conditioning. Guy cracks a smile he’s soft. 

I think you're kind of forgetting what exactly happened here. There were multiple sightings of him with bieber and shows. Multiple rumors about his party habits. On top of him looking like Chris Griffin. Its not like he was doing this while putting up 80 pts like Kane. He was a fringe nhler that we spent a top 10 pick on. 

The scrutiny was warranted imo. When Kane struggled hawks fans and management alike were on his case. 

Now that jake is clearly working hard and improving most have rightfully laid off. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Silky mitts said:

:picard:  Did he park it afterwards?

You pilot/steer/navigate boats

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Silky mitts said:

That sounds like a great offseason to me.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I was listening to 1040 at around 9:00 am and the two guys hosting (can't remember their names) had an interesting idea.  They were saying that it should become a thing that everyone should drink a beeGuinness.JPG.4a21941c342d61cdb4e05a283f3c4d36.JPGr every time Jake scores.  I'm in.  What about you all? ::D

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I was listening to 1040 at around 9:00 am and the two guys hosting (can't remember their names) had an interesting idea.  They were saying that it should become a thing that everyone should drink a beeGuinness.JPG.4a21941c342d61cdb4e05a283f3c4d36.JPGr every time Jake scores.  I'm in.  What about you all? ::D

6859CFFB-419F-44E5-BCF8-656D7280A572.jpe

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Had you done that before

You would have been considered a Casual drinker

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Had you done that before

You would have been considered a Casual drinker

Hopefully the worm turns for Jake this season and we get to drink a few more beer.  I do love a good dark ale. ::D

Edited by dpn1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Halford and Brough, the former Kurtenbloggers.  A couple of goofs but they are fun.

There was a suggestion that people could video themselves shot-gunning a beer and posting it.

Then came the suggestion that a better knick name for Jake would be "Shot gun".  Much better than Big Country

I like it a lot.   The knick name.  I couldn't condone risky behavior.

Then I thought.  Ya, and his goal music could be the classic R & B tune "Shot gun" by Jr Walker and the Allstars

Whaddaya think?

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1