The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

9 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

I will never learn, i log in to see Jakes thread hot with conversation. Hoping to see tidbits of information regarding any news /  video on this upcoming year,but only to find a few posters (always the same)stating the same jacked negative #$@t. Get over it. We need a new thread made up for these clowns to voice their distaste and provoke  agruments about Jake there  and leave this one alone for pertinent information.

There won't be pertinent information until he's at camp, if you don't wanna see anything negative then don't go to the most polarizing player in the organizations thread. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Ya these guys are just ruining this thread. Just pm each other your masterful take on jakey boy 

Yeah you guys are right, everyone should be talking about how he'll score between 20-30 goals next year because he's fit now! You get mad when you see negativity about someone who's been disappointing? What else would you possibly expect. 

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Jakes jacked...but....I could be looking at 2 party animals...I'm pretty sure I'm looking at one party animal and his jacked friend anyway....

....one beer a day to make a players day....2 beer a day leads to 12 too many days....back on the bike Jake....

Party animals drink Bud Light nowadays?  LOL

5 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The list alf provided is not really evidence of anything though and it know way supports any argument.

The players that have the best chance of leading the AHL are the player that played the most games in the AHL.  Is it shocking that a guy with 1200 gp holds the all time points. The reason no good player will be on that list is because all the talented players only tend to spend 1 or 2 season in the AHL before making the jump to the NHL.  Every player on that list spent over 9 season in the AHL...

For example, a player like Nylander was never going to be a top all time AHL producer because he was never going to play more than 80 games in that league.  

I'm not going to lie, I really didn't put much stock into exactly what he was saying. I was just surprised that he had actually gone and looked something up for himself and presented by by himself. I've ripped on Alf before so I wanted to make sure I pumped his tires this time. 

Your argument makes sense though. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, guntrix said:

How people expect to see pertinent updates about Jake in the beginning of June is beyond me. 

If Jake debate is something you don't want to see, don't set yourself up for disappointment and avoid the thread. 

I know right... I've never seen a news come out about a player in June. Not even once.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

Yeah you guys are right, everyone should be talking about how he'll score between 20-30 goals next year because he's fit now! You get mad when you see negativity about someone who's been disappointing? What else would you possibly expect. 

Its annoying to come to the Jake Virtanen thread and have to scroll through 3 guys arguing their opinion over and over and over... bueller... bueller

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Its annoying to come to the Jake Virtanen thread and have to scroll through 3 guys arguing their opinion over and over and over... bueller... bueller

Its only because they get an argument out of it that they repeat the same drole s%#! over and over. Pretty lame really. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, guntrix said:

You've got to be joking. I consistently use stats to back up my arguments as opposed to homer-filled "he'll eventually put it all together, you're just a hater" posts.

Second, we're not comparing Jake to the AHL scoring leaders, we're comparing him to his draft class. You're just moving goalposts at this point. Forget comparing him to forwards- as FTG said, his output is only comparable to Bleackley (a player who got re-drafted in the 5th round of the 2016 draft and is now playing for the Missouri Mavericks of the ECHL), Jake is getting massively outperformed production-wise by the five defenders drafted in 2014: DeAngelo, Sanheim, Honka, Fleury and Ekblad, only one of which was drafted before Jake.

I really did enjoy the fellows post because it compiled a list of data. I said nothing about the draft class and in fact said that anyone in the AHL will learn at varying rates, because the AHL is a difficult league to begin with. Why would I care about comparing the kid to other players? He can only be compared to himself and he will needs to prove himself this year, because they burned a year from his elc.

Are you from the future?

Can we please drop this subject until we get more information, even if it's about Virtanen Instagram or you met him recently. It's just going to be the same people bashing each other, and a couple jabs at Virtanen.

Get over it, the off-season sucks. This is just resorting to bullying and nitpicking over stuff that's happened. I chose to watch the playoffs, look at the draft, even trade rumours. But there are dedicated people in this forum who keep us updated (Vintage Canucks all I can name since I still don't know a lot of this forum)

Enjoy the playoffs, the upcoming draft, a hobby, your job if you enjoy it but take it easy during the off season. I will not discouraged people to debate about Virtanen as we're encouraged to display freedom of speech since it's a right in a lot of countries, so feel free to continue.

4 minutes ago, hyper00 said:

Can we please drop this subject until we get more information, even if it's about Virtanen Instagram or you met him recently. It's just going to be the same people bashing each other, and a couple jabs at Virtanen.

Get over it, the off-season sucks. This is just resorting to bullying and nitpicking over stuff that's happened. I chose to watch the playoffs, look at the draft, even trade rumours. But there are dedicated people in this forum who keep us updated (Vintage Canucks all I can name since I still don't know a lot of this forum)

Enjoy the playoffs, the upcoming draft, a hobby, your job if you enjoy it but take it easy during the off season. I will not discouraged people to debate about Virtanen as we're encouraged to display freedom of speech since it's a right in a lot of countries, so feel free to continue.

I don't think anyone is dedicating their life to this thread just responding to others. I'm stoked for the upcoming draft, have been enjoying the playoffs and working every day. This is just a thread where people are on one side of the fence or the other, there isn't much grey area with Jake so he's a pretty hot topic and with no real info, Instagram and someone meeting him doesn't mean anything, then we just go on what we know which is what we've seen. It's definitely a pretty hostile thread but with a player like Jake it's expected. Hopefully he rips it up next year, I'm just not holding my breath 

3 hours ago, ashlynnbrookefan said:

I don't think anyone is dedicating their life to this thread just responding to others. I'm stoked for the upcoming draft, have been enjoying the playoffs and working every day. This is just a thread where people are on one side of the fence or the other, there isn't much grey area with Jake so he's a pretty hot topic and with no real info, Instagram and someone meeting him doesn't mean anything, then we just go on what we know which is what we've seen. It's definitely a pretty hostile thread but with a player like Jake it's expected. Hopefully he rips it up next year, I'm just not holding my breath 

I'm hopefully aware no one is dedicating their time to put someone down just for disagreeing. But when I'm hoping for any information, Virtanen pops up a lot, and most of the time it's just hostile ground, and it's got personal a couple of times. I'm for Virtanen but it's not looking good, let him prove himself and he's improving himself. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe if we could stay clear of blasting other posters and keep the discussion on Jake and not each other it may help make this thread a little less hostile.  The thread is about Jake not us. B)

On 2017-06-03 at 8:22 PM, 73 Percent said:

I know right... I've never seen a news come out about a player in June. Not even once.

I now this is sarcasm but the most relevant update we've received in this thread for the past few weeks has been some poster saying they saw him on the sea wall. 

Edited by guntrix

It seems this forum has become a summer home for the mentally feeble..

"aparent from day one he wasn't an AHL player??!?!"

That's because he should have been playing in an AIR HOCKEY league down at the bar, that's how bad he was, AHL players were making him look like he didn't belong on the same ice as them, and guess what he didn't.

All they did this season was try and get Jake to not embarrass himself, he spent most of the time hanging back and he didn't play like he belonged in te AHL, let alone the NHL

The delusion on this board is amazing, 

Truth: Jake isn't very good, everything that could possibly be measured proves that.

Now, you will try and convince me a white wall is painted black, have at er'

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

It seems this forum has become a summer home for the mentally feeble..

"aparent from day one he wasn't an AHL player??!?!"

That's because he should have been playing in an AIR HOCKEY league down at the bar, that's how bad he was, AHL players were making him look like he didn't belong on the same ice as them, and guess what he didn't.

All they did this season was try and get Jake to not embarrass himself, he spent most of the time hanging back and he didn't play like he belonged in te AHL, let alone the NHL

The delusion on this board is amazing, 

Truth: Jake isn't very good, everything that could possibly be measured proves that.

Now, you will try and convince me a white wall is painted black, have at er'

Truth: Jake hasn't been very good at all. 

Reason: He WAS fat, out of shape, and not committed to being a professional.

Prediction: Fit Jake will light up the league with physical play, causing turnovers and scoring goals.

• Upvote 1

I think Green has Jake on the right trajectory for success, game fitness first then next is the mental fitness. Jake needs to play a 200 foot game for each and every period.  Yes I watched a few Utica games and yes I was expecting more scoring but the transition by the end of the year Jake was faster and stronger defensively. Green actually held back his minutes sort of, at the end of the season, opting to go more for AHL veterans like Archie Grenier Bancks Hamilton and Valk. If Utica had made the playoffs I think Jake would have found an opportunity to re-assert himself, within Green's game plan.

But his time is now, better late than never Jake. Looking forward to watching him in training camp.

• Upvote 3