The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

The man played out his contract, and went back home.  He didn't screw Vancouver in any way in terms of withholding services like other players have in the past, and in my opinion, has the right to play wherever he wants to play without being bashed in absentia.  I hope he comes back in 2 years and makes an impact again, but at the same time, the team is moving on as well, so who knows?  But, no matter, I do enjoy reading other people's opinions on what will happen with him, just not the other garbage being posted.  Here's hoping the discussion stays civilized.      

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

The man played out his contract, and went back home.  He didn't screw Vancouver in any way in terms of withholding services like other players have in the past, and in my opinion, has the right to play wherever he wants to play without being bashed in absentia.  I hope he comes back in 2 years and makes an impact again, but at the same time, the team is moving on as well, so who knows?  But, no matter, I do enjoy reading other people's opinions on what will happen with him, just not the other garbage being posted.  Here's hoping the discussion stays civilized.      

Yeah right. It is the internet. Of course he is going to be bashed.

Regardless of whether one is pro or anti Nikita, Vancouver holds his NHL rights and should he choose to come back once his contract is up in the KHL; it would be up to him to prove that he is better than some of the other D men on the team at that time. That might be a challenge with the high end D men that likely will be in the lineup with a couple of years experience behind them.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Regardless of whether one is pro or anti Nikita, Vancouver holds his NHL rights and should he choose to come back once his contract is up in the KHL; it would be up to him to prove that he is better than some of the other D men on the team at that time. That might be a challenge with the high end D men that likely will be in the lineup with a couple of years experience behind them.

The problem is in his last interview he said he would want assurances if he came back. That doesn't bode well. I doubt anybody is going to guarantee him 20+ minutes a game without coming in and earning it. Over there he's a big fish in a small pond and seems to have the ego to go with it.

In the meantime, you're right, others will be coming on board making it even less likely to get promises about ice time.

• Upvote 1

Unlocked thread - nice. Tryamkin is captain of his team this year. He'll get stronger, better, and be ready to be a top pairing defender when he returns to the Canucks. He was already a top 4 defender for us in his rookie year. He's the real deal and despite the haters who are bent on his decision to spend more time in his homeland, he will come back and help us win a cup. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Unlocked thread - nice. Tryamkin is captain of his team this year. He'll get stronger, better, and be ready to be a top pairing defender when he returns to the Canucks. He was already a top 4 defender for us in his rookie year. He's the real deal and despite the haters who are bent on his decision to spend more time in his homeland, he will come back and help us win a cup. 

He wasn't a top four guy on likely the worst team in the NHL.  By the time he thinks of coming back, he will not necessarily have improved (he is in a league that had it's top D award go to Philip Larssen and one it's leading scorers was Linden Vey) and the depth on the Canucks on D will have changed significantly.   He always, at least at the time of departure, was after "assurances" on things like ice time - that isn't going to happen for ANY player so not sure why he should expect that.

His NHL potential is eroding not being in North America.   This isn't "bashing" the kid as some people call it, it is a simple fact.   Give a list of NHL Dmen who played a full year in NHL and then went back to KHL for more than two years that came back and were impact players.   It isn't a long list.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

19 hours ago, Baggins said:

The problem is in his last interview he said he would want assurances if he came back. That doesn't bode well. I doubt anybody is going to guarantee him 20+ minutes a game without coming in and earning it. Over there he's a big fish in a small pond and seems to have the ego to go with it.

In the meantime, you're right, others will be coming on board making it even less likely to get promises about ice time.

Assurances? Of what? He came in out of shape before. Didn’t deserve 20+ minutes. We should be demanding assurances of him. We have a history of one fat slob coming over from Russia already. Lets not make it two.

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Assurances? Of what? He came in out of shape before. Didn’t deserve 20+ minutes. We should be demanding assurances of him. We have a history of one fat slob coming over from Russia already. Lets not make it two.

It seems he has that millennial sense of entitlement down pat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Baggins said:

It seems he has that millennial sense of entitlement down pat.

Pretty crazy too, not like he's a top draft pick or anything, we nabbed him in the 3rd round. He's not a world breaker either. I know the general fanbase sees stars in their eyes but he's been pretty meh overall. It's crazy how he's been pretty much given the top pairing spot in the fanbase's eyes having done nothing, but Jake is a "nothing but a bottom 6er" player for most. :rolleyes:

Come on... Lets talk about what we saw in him as a Canuck.  Huge body (rage dolled whole Anaheim team)... Skates well for his size (saw a couple of games where he went end to end with puck).  Seemed to have a accurate first pass but timing of said pass was sometimes a question....    picked off or just thrown away (most common for him) off the boards and out for icing... 

He is an enigma because there are these moments of shear domination potential that we saw (physical).  However... The bottom line is, he was inconsistent yet he expected to be treated as if he was.  

If there is one thing I've learned in life is... If you don't earn it... Don't understand the value of the process of earning your place (with a team) , the work that it takes... No matter how great your potential... You'll never fully realize it... period. 

He was trying to set his own standard as an individual, on a team, of what he felt he deserved... Regardless whether he was right or wrong he was presenting himself as separate from the 'team'... Basically saying 'rules that applied to others didn't necessarily apply to him'.  As cliche as it is 'there is no I in team'... And there in lies the issue!  

He was not a team player and that is why he's not in the NHL.... (KHL relies on more independent skill verses team systems)  If he changes his attitude and becomes a true team player... Trains hard and goes through a wall for his teammates... Well watch out!  He'll be a beast!!!!... But I ain't gonna hold my breath. 

Edited by Rodishred
  • Like 1

Congrats to Tryamkin  being made captain of Avtomobilist! That adds to the level of leadership shown by our prospects. And I highly doubt Avtomobilist can compete with the NHL salary he will make here when his contract runs out over there. (Just in time to add and pair with Hughes! :P )

For a 3rd round prospect like his ceiling level as a shut down D man good at clearing the crease.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He wasn't a top four guy on likely the worst team in the NHL. 

Disagree with this. 

Give a list of NHL Dmen who played a full year in NHL and then went back to KHL for more than two years that came back and were impact players.

Take away the part about becoming impact players and your criteria would still be small. 

(he is in a league that had it's top D award go to Philip Larssen and one it's leading scorers was Linden Vey)

Just because those two former canucks are doing well doesn't mean it's some beer league.  There's a lot of good players playing in the NHL that came over from the KHL.

His NHL potential is eroding not being in North America.   This isn't "bashing" the kid as some people call it, it is a simple fact.

I can agree with that.  It is unfortunate.

He wasn't a top four guy on likely the worst team in the NHL.  By the time he thinks of coming back, he will not necessarily have improved (he is in a league that had it's top D award go to Philip Larssen and one it's leading scorers was Linden Vey) and the depth on the Canucks on D will have changed significantly.   He always, at least at the time of departure, was after "assurances" on things like ice time - that isn't going to happen for ANY player so not sure why he should expect that.

His NHL potential is eroding not being in North America.   This isn't "bashing" the kid as some people call it, it is a simple fact.   Give a list of NHL Dmen who played a full year in NHL and then went back to KHL for more than two years that came back and were impact players.   It isn't a long list.

If you want to nitpick, Panarin must be a terrible player since he came over at 25 from the KHL, a league where Linden Vey is the top scorer... 

oh right, Panarin is a top 20 player in the world right now. 

Tryamkin has immense potential, is only what? 23? And has had his numbers improve, all while getting more important minutes in a more important role. 

There’s literally nothing negative to say about him other than the fact that he’s not in a nucks jersey right now. He would INSTANTLY be one of our top 3 dmen on opening night. 

7 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

If you want to nitpick, Panarin must be a terrible player since he came over at 25 from the KHL, a league where Linden Vey is the top scorer... 

oh right, Panarin is a top 20 player in the world right now. 

Tryamkin has immense potential, is only what? 23? And has had his numbers improve, all while getting more important minutes in a more important role. 

There’s literally nothing negative to say about him other than the fact that he’s not in a nucks jersey right now. He would INSTANTLY be one of our top 3 dmen on opening night. 

Forwards developing in KHL is one thing - it is a league that plays a very unstructured D - it is about creating Ozone opportunities.   Goalies get shelled many nights with odd man rushes galore.   Watch a few games and then decide if he is getting the amount of development he would be in the AHL or NHL.    

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not a hope in my mind he is a top 3 Dman for ANY team in the NHL right now.   He has NHL potential for sure - he has demonstrated that.   However, he has a long way to go to be an everyday NHL top 4 guy IF that is his upside which I thought it just might be from his cup of coffee in NHL.   

For some really strange reason, the further this guy gets away from his last NHL minutes the better those minutes seem to play out in a few people's minds.   He struggled in many situations, blew zone coverages all the time but WAS progressing and learning and even have dominant shifts....but he had a long way to go in his development and now that development has likely stalled as, again, history of Dmen who have bolted back to KHL there are few and far between examples of any that came back to NHL as better players let alone if they were able to come back at all.

• Upvote 2

If he does decide to come back and I hope he does I can see him easily being in the top 4 next season. 

He would defiantly offset some of the tiny Tim’s we have comeing  in. Not to mention add some much need protection for those little guys and more importantly the GOALTENDERs who it’s been open season on for what two decades. 

whos going to clear the crease when say a tkachuk is hacking away.....OJ Hughes stecher i wonder how that’ll turn out.........

im not just talking about overall size and strength More about guys that are not only big actually play big. 

Hughes OJ stecher Aren’t the guy we want having to muck it up we need them for there playmaking. 

Edited by combover

38 minutes ago, combover said:

If he does decide to come back and I hope he does I can see him easily being in the top 4 next season. 

He would defiantly offset some of the tiny Tim’s we have comeing  in. Not to mention add some much need protection for those little guys and more importantly the GOALTENDERs who it’s been open season on for what two decades. 

whos going to clear the crease when say a tkachuk is hacking away.....OJ Hughes stecher i wonder how that’ll turn out.........

im not just talking about overall size and strength More about guys that are not only big actually play big. 

Hughes OJ stecher Aren’t the guy we want having to muck it up we need them for there playmaking. 

The Tranman doesn't like to fight' so I am unsure how much protection he will provide.