The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Player Discussion] Sbisa

Bure to Mogilny

It should make some feel better to know Sbisa really wants to play here. His longtime girlfriend lives in the area. Also interesting to note that the Canucks were interested in Sbisa before the benning era began so if Sbisa does happen to fail we can blame Gillis even though this is a JB trade. :bigblush:

Interesting. I was a big fan of his just watching him play for Anaheim. Not many caught my eye with their play like he did. Glad to see other folks in the organization see the same.

Sbisa is an interesting player. Already Sbisa has 250+ NHL games under his belt which is respectful considering he is only 24 years of age.

Our defense is a lot younger if you think about it.

Stanton is 25.

Tanev 24.

Sbisa 24.

All three of these players are capable at playing in the NHL. Tanev can play a top 4 role already.

Weber 25.

Corrado 21.

I believe Weber has top 6 potential.

Corrado already has 22 NHL games under his belt, 4 of which are playoff games, which is impressive for a 21 year old defenseman that was drafted in the 5th round. Corrado still has a ton of time to develop his game as well.

And Sharks fans were all glad to get rid of Ehrhoff. We all know how that turned out for us.

D men are never as bad as other fans pretend they are. Just like with Canucks fans and Edler. He has one bad season, and now suddenly he's a plug that we need to dump.

Not suggesting we dump him, I hope he regains his form. But it's been more than one season

Corrado played an awesome game in his 1st NHL game as a callup vs Chicago. He seems to really rise to the occasion, like Tanev in that way. He handled the pressure well and even doled-out a memorable hit... he got a 2-fer taking out the ref or a linesman too, I think. Ihave faith in this kid to be a very good NHLer some day. Hoping Sbisa gives it all he's got, too. It may be a slow start,... but I think these guys are all going to gel & play very effectively for Willie, eventually.

Going to be interesting to see how our defence shakes out.

Seems like we have 4 left shooting D with 2 right shooting D & 2 question mark RHD.

Can either Sbisa or Stanton play their offside? Garrison got stuck on his offside the last few years simply because he sucked at it less then Edler did.

Is Sbisa any better then Stanton?

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Stanton Weber

Sbisa Sanguinetti

Can either Weber or Sanguinetti step up & be the RH PMD that Edler needs?

All these guys need to pass through waivers to play on the farm, does that mean Corrado is by default going back to Utica?

We needed to move a LHD to clear up the congestion on that side, we moved one but got one back.

If everyone is healthy I have no idea what our pairings might be on opening night.

And Sharks fans were all glad to get rid of Ehrhoff. We all know how that turned out for us.

D men are never as bad as other fans pretend they are. Just like with Canucks fans and Edler. He has one bad season, and now suddenly he's a plug that we need to dump.

Yeah some fans on another board says he's garbage and CDC takes the bait. Just a couple of years ago in the proposals for Bobby Ryan lots wanted Sbisa as well.

Very happy to see Dougie Lidster signed as coach. A better than average dman who can spend time with Van's d group. No way that Corrado should see duty in Vancouver. He needs another 2 seasons in Utica. Sbisa will be interesting to watch but I am very curious to see whether Tanev continues to improve and Stanton as well. Stanton had a very under reported season. Great play for someone who had no NHL experience.

I am hoping to see Bieksa and Hamhuis reunited.

Those that want Sbisa paired with Edler. Both are lefties... Sbisa does play right side but better on left according to some ducks fans I talked too.

I see Edler with Tanev. Tanev is that stay at home defenseman that can also make a good pass.

Third pairing will probably have Sbisa on the left side and I am hoping for Corrado personally. But Weber is a posibility.

Backup training pair is Stanton and Weber.

Sanguit was a hire for AHL as you can see by his AHL salary. Also the desperate call up.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Corrado

Stanton Weber

Looks better than last year with better pairings

Sbisa suffered the dreaded high ankle sprain last season as well as a hand injury. Of course that immediately makes him a lost cause by many fans who don't understand the concept of recovery time. We may have lucked out. At the very least he can be a solid stay at home type d-man for us.

Thing is trades and change of scenery can help the players. So our dislike for Edler may very well be warranted if he craps the bed again next season.

Doesn't matter how they play somewhere else. There's a good chance they change their game somewhere else.

Corrado played an awesome game in his 1st NHL game as a callup vs Chicago. He seems to really rise to the occasion, like Tanev in that way. He handled the pressure well and even doled-out a memorable hit... he got a 2-fer taking out the ref or a linesman too, I think. Ihave faith in this kid to be a very good NHLer some day. Hoping Sbisa gives it all he's got, too. It may be a slow start,... but I think these guys are all going to gel & play very effectively for Willie, eventually.

So he got 2 for taking out 2. hehe! 2 thumbs up if it was Sutherland! Hate that official.

sorry this is off-topic.

I personally believe we will still add a RHD.

If not, my bet is this;

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Corrado

Stanton Weber depth; means 1 depth fwd on a 23 man roster. Not sold on Weber, but I guess he's signed?

Danny Hank Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Vey Kassian

Mathias Richardson Dorsett

Hansen

Someone will be injured, so we juggle keeping big man Sestito.

I had a Bruins fan tell me today that he thought the Kesler trade was a good one and that Kesler is a "whiny b!tch".

He thinks the best player in the deal is Sbisa. He said he thinks that guy is a beast, and will be better than Tanev.

Interesting from a fan that clearly hates the Canucks.

Archived