The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour - Eklund] Canucks have inquired about Michal Neuvirth

Even though, this is Eklund at his best, taking the opportunity of Miller's injury to post fake rumors.

I think Buffalo doesn'T really have any goaltender coming up the ranks? I could as Markstorm/Lack swap for Neuvirth, with Buffalo adding something to help us for the playoffs or decent picks/prospect. Just not sure who that + would be.

Oh thank god we have Benning in charge.

Cause we need Neuvirth more than we need Lack Markstrom Corbeil Eriksson Demko Canaata and the like.

To bad we don't have the goaltending depth to weahter this storm <_<

Can we please make this clowns rumours a bannable offence? Eklund is like the used kleenex of the hockey world

It is interesting that we haven't called up Markstrom yet

Markstrom was put on emergency recall last night after Miller's injury. He will back up Eddie Lack until Miller returns from injury. The early estimates are 4-6 weeks minimum for Miller being out (see Sportsnet; Dan Murphy).

There are no maximums for games or roster days on Markstrom's call up. He must be immediately returned to Utica once Miller is healthy and will not be subject to waivers, regardless of how long he is here (as per CBA re: emergency recall).

So this means we have no interest in Neuvirth then?

If we have a previous deal to send Lack/Markstrom somewhere then this could make sense.

Could.

Without knowing about Miller it's impossible to say.

This trade rumour seems very unlikely considering Canucks are VERY deep in goaltending

Basically, these.

Unless we're planning on trading one of Lack or Markstrom at the deadline I don't think this is plausible. The only thing I could see is Miller does end up missing the year and they don't want Markstrom away from Utica that long, but then it'd put us even deeper into our goalie surplus that we already have to resolve in the offseason.

And Benning did say he wanted to resolve the goalie situation in the offseason vs the deadline so I don't think Eklund's on to anything (unless he's 'on' something).

Markstrom was put on emergency recall last night after Miller's injury. He will back up Eddie Lack until Miller returns from injury. The early estimates are 4-6 weeks minimum for Miller being out (see Sportsnet; Dan Murphy).

There are no maximums for games or roster days on Markstrom's call up. He must be immediately returned to Utica once Miller is healthy and will not be subject to waivers, regardless of how long he is here (as per CBA re: emergency recall).

My understanding of it was the 10 games rules still applied but the 30 days was no longer a restriction for the emergency call up.

Archived