The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 2/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, GritGrinder said:

Boeser is off to almost as good a start this year as he was last year. Its his finish last season that he has to avoid this season.

First 19 games

2019-20 8g 11a 19pts +2 

2020-21 11g 7a 18pts -3

Final 38 games 2019-20 8g 18a 26pts +2

The Canucks have 37 games left. If Boeser scores 8 goals and 18a the rest of the way and finishes with 19g 25a 44pts in 56 games is that considered a successful season?

Just looking at some more stats and even though the "eye test" shows that Boeser is having a much better season than last season the #'s don't really support it.

21 games

2019-20 9g 11a 20pts +3

2020-21 12g 9a 21pts -1

2019-20 CF 53.2% FF 54.3% PDO 100.5 Ozone starts 56.2% Dzone starts 43.8 (57 games)

2020-21 CF 51.5% FF 51.7% PDO 99.3 Ozone starts 70.6% Dzone starts 29.4 (21games)

He's getting almost 15% more Ozone starts so far this season yet his Corsi, Fenwick and PDO have all gone down. Getting 15% more ozone starts probably should have translated to more than 3 extra goals, 1 extra point and -4 +/-. If he can stay healthy and Green keeps deploying him and the current 70/30 split he should be able to get to 30 goals in 56 games.

Nice piece in "Van is Awesome" on the "Pretty Boys" line of Brock, Petey and Hogz, with this tribute to the Flow ....

https://t.co/T3dzQBYqYD

Here's the full article:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/hoglander-pettersson-boeser-prettiest-line-in-the-nhl-canucks-3459889

Edited by Googlie

Tell me what you think

I saved the exact point of the video. Guy in the costume lol. He looks SO much like Brock does he not? This vids from 2012. not sure it could be him but LOOKS SO SIMILAR!

Don't ask why I'm listening to Taylor Swift:lol: 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Tell me what you think

I saved the exact point of the video. Guy in the costume lol. He looks SO much like Brock does he not? This vids from 2012. not sure it could be him but LOOKS SO SIMILAR!

Don't ask why I'm listening to Taylor Swift:lol: 

I can see the resemblance, but it's probably helped by the fact that glasses hide his eyes.

The Lotto Line got back together and Boeser's empty net apple slides him into 45th in all-time Canuck scoring.

44.  Bobby Lalonde C 353 72 117 189
45.  Brock Boeser RW 222 87 97 184
46.  Ivan Boldirev C 216 80 104 184
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

With Pettersson out, and being on a completely new line with Bo and Hogz...I would like to see Boeser take over a game on his own. Starting to see him drive play on his own more often this season, wanna see him do it now with no Pettersson. 

I think he needs that confidence that he can do it without Petey, just like he did in his rookie season. I believe in his game as he has certainly turned it around and is showing to be a complete player. Seemed to be dragging his feet a bit this past game, but I've liked his compete level in the last 6-7 games.  I still think he has another level to his play that he hasn't quite shown yet.

I fully believe he still has it in him to be a dominant player on his own.

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

With Pettersson out, and being on a completely new line with Bo and Hogz...I would like to see Boeser take over a game on his own. Starting to see him drive play on his own more often this season, wanna see him do it now with no Pettersson. 

I think he needs that confidence that he can do it without Petey, just like he did in his rookie season. I believe in his game as he has certainly turned it around and is showing to be a complete player. Seemed to be dragging his feet a bit this past game, but I've liked his compete level in the last 6-7 games.  I still think he has another level to his play that he hasn't quite shown yet.

Yeah Boeser away from Petey/Miller can drive play more and Hogger is a good #2 offensively 

On 3/20/2021 at 1:23 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Boeser + Pettersson reminds me of Daniel + Henrik.  The chemistry can be unreal at time.

Yet, I definitely remember when during their prime, Henrik played without Daniel (injured) and he took his game to the next level since he also has to be the shooter as well as the passer.  When Daniel had his Art Ross season, he was starting to drive the play more rather than just waiting for Henrik to make his move.

While I dislike Elias being out due to injuries, this almost seems like it is allowing Brock to spread his wings more.  

I hope that going forward they will just have Brock with Horvat instead of with Pettersson.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I wonder what his trade value is...  I really dont like his 7.5M to retain his rights... 

2006564311_ScreenShot2021-05-10at4_51_49PM.thumb.png.01b194af0448d3e5a43807cf65023542.png

He’s as close to a perennial 30-goal sniper as you’re gonna get, and his next contract will involve UFA years. That’s almost certainly going to cost at least $7.5M per, regardless of the qualifier.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I wonder what his trade value is...  I really dont like his 7.5M to retain his rights... 

2006564311_ScreenShot2021-05-10at4_51_49PM.thumb.png.01b194af0448d3e5a43807cf65023542.png

It's risky, but we might just not qualify him and hope he signs with us as a UFA.

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Thats super risky! I rather just outright trade him for something. 

Another option may just be another short deal so we don't worry about being burned.

Also, He's starting to border on being worth that money on a long-term deal anyway. Looks to be at about a 30-35 goal pace and around a 70-point pace this year. I'd say that earns probably $7M a year at least anyway.

Just now, -AJ- said:

Another option may just be another short deal so we don't worry about being burned.

Also, He's starting to border on being worth that money on a long-term deal anyway. Looks to be at about a 30-35 goal pace and around a 70-point pace this year. I'd say that earns probably $7M a year at least anyway.

I think he needs to be qualified for at least 7.5M. Not sure when he hits UFA though

40 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I think he needs to be qualified for at least 7.5M. Not sure when he hits UFA though

At worst, we only need to qualify him for that for one year.  And he's likely going to be worth that much anyway.

This is such a none issue to worry about...

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

If we choose to qualify him, it has to be $7.5M, yes. We could still sign a different deal once qualifying him, I believe, just as is done with a lot of qualified RFAs, if they deny the qualifying offer I think.

As much as I like Brock, 7.5 mil for a complementary piece is expensive. And its only his QO, he could very well ask for more upwards of 8+ mil. if Taylor Hall pretty much a complementary offensive player can command 8 mil, Brock's pedigree for goals could likely match that amount and exceed it.

I'm not as strong as I was in the stance of trading him last year now that he has improved his two way game, I don't think this team has enough depth yet to deal Brock, but I would explore that option to see what he is worth.

However there is something to be said in retaining your own players and how flip flopping too many pieces will create discontent. We already saw how much losing Tanev and Markstrom affected the room, losing a core piece like Brock would severely hurt team chemistry too. Hindsight, the the negotations that took place by Benning and his management group probably didn't do a great job on that final year, but things coul dbe worse like San Jose who have to QO Timo Meier at 10 mil.