The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

26 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I don't think his QO will be a huge issue as long as JB doesn't go out and spend frivolously.  We need a few depth guys at a couple key positions (defense/center) capable of raising their games above their reasonable contracts instead of a couple guys raking in large salaries while completely underperforming. 

We have like $20m of cap coming off next year...I have no idea why so many people are concerned with Boeser eating up (deserved) +/-$2m of it on a raise...?:blink:

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Rumours that Boeser may be on the block, VAN possibly concerned about his qualifying offer looming.  Now that's aggressive.

Drance checked with his sources and they denied that he was being shopped - he writes "a possible Boeser trade isn’t a remotely likely consideration for the Canucks at the moment."

The qualifying offer is mostly a formality to retain a player's rights.  

It's a 1-year offer that has only a short window for acceptance.  This year players only have from 28 July to 6 August to sign their qualifying offers.  Past that time frame they have no choice but to negotiate a contract.  Sometimes teams will ask to extend the deadline but that won't be the case for a high end player like Boeser.

So unless he is looking to leave Vancouver or reach free agency earlier (which he can also do through arbitration), there seems little reason to think he will sign his 1-year qualifying offer vs negotiating a longer contract.   They can already start negotiating a new deal before he even needs to be qualified.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I just heard that too.

Who's the wannabe spreading fake news?

The return would have to be obscene type.

Look forward to seeing him improve on his totals of last season.

Predicting 75 to 80 pnts for "The Flow" next year.

He was on pace for 72 points this year. I'd be really happy if he can push to the range you've given too.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Nothing more than the Athletic trying to generate traffic to their site. Custance and Luszczyszyn are clowns, with Luswankerface taking the cake. He's admitted in the past that he doesn't watch hockey and merely looks at analytics. These guys are clowns. 

I mean look at this twerp

luszczyszyn.png

He looks like Drance's fellow Middle Earth reject. The very definition of orc fodder.

yeah! Why can't we have some meats! - Meat orc - quickmeme

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

Drance checked with his sources and they denied that he was being shopped - he writes "a possible Boeser trade isn’t a remotely likely consideration for the Canucks at the moment."

The qualifying offer is mostly a formality to retain a player's rights.  

It's a 1-year offer that has only a short window for acceptance.  This year players only have from 28 July to 6 August to sign their qualifying offers.  Past that time frame they have no choice but to negotiate a contract.  Sometimes teams will ask to extend the deadline but that won't be the case for a high end player like Boeser.

So unless he is looking to leave Vancouver or reach free agency earlier (which he can also do through arbitration), there seems little reason to think he will sign his 1-year qualifying offer vs negotiating a longer contract.   They can already start negotiating a new deal before he even needs to be qualified.

I'm hoping they can negotiate a long term deal prior to next summer.  I think he will have 2 more years to UFA status (correct me if I'm wrong), so a long term 7-8 year deal in the $7-8 million range would be ideal.

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm hoping they can negotiate a long term deal prior to next summer.  I think he will have 2 more years to UFA status (correct me if I'm wrong), so a long term 7-8 year deal in the $7-8 million range would be ideal.

3 years to UFA.

It's the earliest between age 27 and 7 pro-years.  For UFA pro-years are 40 NHL games on the roster with IR/LTIR counting towards those games.   He has 4 pro-years towards UFA so 3 more to go, which will also be his age 27.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...