The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Is that you Hockey_gaud  ??

YES..COME ON NO BRAINER?? REALLY... MAKE A BIG SPLASH, WAIT AND ANNOUNCE IT TOMORROW GET FANS ALL EXCITED....

GREAT MARKETING AND EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT..

CANUCKS HAVE HAD DISCUSSION ON GOING..LOL

NOT SOMETHING THEY DECIDED ON YESTERDAY.. lol lol ... ADAM AND HIS PARENTS AND CANUCKS HAD THESE TALKS BACK IN JANUARY..'

COME ON REALLY WE ALL KNEW HOW THIS INTELLIGENT YOUNG MAN THINKS??

HE TOLD YOU ALL BACK IN JANUARY ..I AM VERY LOYAL TO THE TEAM THAT DRAFTED ME??

GOING TO PROVE ALL THOSE OTHER TEAMS THEY MADE A MISTAKE NOT DRAFTING ME.......

GOD ON YOU JIM BENNING...

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Gillis traded Diaz at the deadline to NYR... Benefits of acquiring picks....

Wow. The lottery tickets do pay off. I remember that trade and was shocked we got anything for Diaz. Gillis trade and a JB pick. Some kind of a hybrid, cross breed prospect we have here. Lol.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rekker said:

Wow. The lottery tickets do pay off. I remember that trade and was shocked we got anything for Diaz. Gillis trade and a JB pick. Some kind of a hybrid, cross breed prospect we have here. Lol.

Yep, not all the time but they do.  That's why I just shake my head at the crowd that post the percentage on hitting 100 NHL games odds.  

Horvat, Gaudette, Gadjovich, Brisebois, Gunnarsson, Palmu are all results of canucks acquire picks

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep, not all the time but they do.  That's why I just shake my head at the crowd that post the percentage on hitting 100 NHL games odds.  

Horvat, Gaudette, Gadjovich, Brisebois, Gunnarsson, Palmu are all results of canucks acquire picks

haha don't know if Id throw Horvat into that lot but they sure do

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

GOOD THING GILLIS IS GONE....JUST AWFUL DRAFTING WITH HIS GROUP..WE HAD A FEW YEARS THAT NO PLAYERS PLAYED ANY GAMES IN NHL..

YES THATS RIGHT GILLIS HAD 3 YRS THAT NONE OF HIS PICKS PLAYED A GAME IN NHL..

THIS IS WHY JIM AND TREVOR TOOK OVER A TEAM 4 YEARS AGO WITH 2 GOOD PROSPECTS..

YES 4 YEARS LATER WE HAVE 14 GOOD PROSPECTS.. VERY EXCITING TO WATCH THESE GUYS TURN PRO SOON...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Not that I care about burning a year of the ELC or having to make him a protected player for the Seattle expansion I just find it very surprising how Columbus got their top 10 D prospect to sign an AHL tryout the finish off the year after 1 year of College. Werenski seemed fine doing that, hasn't hurt him at all.

The only thing that is a bit crummy as how he can burn an entire year by playing in such few games. But we lack promising youth and it was great for us to get a glimpse of Boeser last year. I am looking forward to seeing Gaudette even if it is for 5-6 games. Gives him a taste of the NHL and hopefully leaves him hungry and ready to train extra hard in the off season.

The current CBA would disagree with Mr. Biech about Gaudette needing to be protected for the expansion draft.

A Player aged 18 or 19 earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more NHL Games in a given season. A Player aged 20 or older (or who turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 of the calendar year in which he signs his first SPC) earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more Professional Games under an SPC in a given season.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

The current CBA would disagree with Mr. Biech about Gaudette needing to be protected for the expansion draft.

A Player aged 18 or 19 earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more NHL Games in a given season. A Player aged 20 or older (or who turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 of the calendar year in which he signs his first SPC) earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more Professional Games under an SPC in a given season.

Is this an ELC vs. SPC situation?

How was Boeser different than Adam last year then? Both were 20+ at the time a contract was offered, Boeser used up a year immdeiatly, and so will Gaudette.

34 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

As long as you have a GM that's good at finding those types of diamonds in the rough :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Is this an ELC vs. SPC situation?

How was Boeser different than Adam last year then? Both were 20+ at the time a contract was offered, Boeser used up a year immdeiatly, and so will Gaudette.

I think the conversation is regarding his expansion draft status for Seattle and how this season would affect it. 

51 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yes. I agree 100 percent. IN A NON CAPITAL KIND OF WAY THOUGH. LoL.

LOL LOL Yes just get tired of reading all these people wondering if he would sign..lol..lol

Adam and his family and Canucks had there plan in place back in January.... Now its marketing and announcing it tomorrow keeping suspense very high..

Great marketing and selling seats... I am excited also he will be a 33 - 40 point guy next year...

Know everyone is wondering about expansion..lol..lol Great problems to have...

We will lose one player and lets not make mistakes and give draft picks away like so many teams did with Vegas...

Give to players away so they would not take a certain players.. Just prepare list and make trade in advance...

good problems to have, we will have lots of very good prospect and will lose a good player... Thats okay we will be fine..

Top 10 team in 3 years....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1