The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

24 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I found this old article and it still refers to the 10 games without referring to an age restriction. Very confusing.........

Prospects: All players with less than three years of professional experience are automatically exempt. That means young stars like Edmonton's Connor McDavid and Toronto's Auston Matthews don't need to be protected to remain with their teams. This provision also includes unsigned draft picks and signed players that have yet to appear in a NHL game. A year of professional experience is 10 pro games played under an NHL contract, including regular season and playoffs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/golden-knights-expansion-draft-explainer-1.4160845

Yeah, it’s been cited on CBC, a bunch of SBNation blogs, and various other places. I think it tracks back to General Fanager originally. And since that site was so trustworthy, I think everyone just assumed they had it right (myself included).

EDIT: I mean, this is the original quote attributed to General Fanager, and there’s really no other way to interpret it other than assuming the 10 game minimum (which we now know is incorrect):

“A Player aged 18 or 19 earns a year of professional experience by playing 10 or more NHL games in a given NHL season.”

“A player aged 20 or older (based on age on December 31 of calendar year in which the season starts) earns a year of professional experience by playing 10 or more Professional Games under a standard player contract in a given League Year.”

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1

I just can't wait to see what he can do in the Boeser spot on the PP.  

Hopefully he is 2nd PP next year with Boeser on the first and moved up to the first whenever Boeser isn't available.  

Now to sign Pettersson for the other side.  

We should have a top 5 PP again within two years.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Let's not put too much pressure on this kid. Keep expectations to a reasonable level.

Yeah, when he comes into these forums and sees that he's expected to outproduce McDavid he's likely to crash and burn, and flame out into some low-end Euro league.

It's all up to you, CDC.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Some guys would wilt but I don’t think Gaudette cares about pressure.  

He came into prospect camp and took a run right at Pettersson to try and establish himself as top dog.  It’s fun - we haven’t had an attitude like that in a long while.

Right handed, American-born, NCAA product, two-way guy, plays with a chip on his shoulder, ultra-competitive, a little arrogant, from a state starting with the letter M...

who does that sound like?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Right handed, American-born, NCAA product, two-way guy, plays with a chip on his shoulder, ultra-competitive, a little arrogant, from a state starting with the letter M...

The real question is: who is the next Burrows to play his partner in crime?

Edited by ilduce39
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Correction: contrary to several previous posts I’ve made, it appears 2017-18 will be considered Gaudette’s first professional year (re: expansion)

don't worry, there's confusion all over the place today. 650 was saying this morning that Loui Eriksson had to be protected for the Seattle expansion draft :blink:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Patrick White? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, when he comes into these forums and sees that he's expected to outproduce McDavid he's likely to crash and burn, and flame out into some low-end Euro league.

It's all up to you, CDC.

It's all my fault for calling him a lock...I take full responsibility and promise to never let it not happen again...!  (yes there is a double negative their...)

9 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I just can't wait to see what he can do in the Boeser spot on the PP.  

Hopefully he is 2nd PP next year with Boeser on the first and moved up to the first whenever Boeser isn't available.  

Now to sign Pettersson for the other side.  

We should have a top 5 PP again within two years.  

Dalin, Petterson, Horvat, Boeser, Lind.  

20 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I was making the same RK reference you were earlier (copied again below).

Yes, pretty exciting!

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Me too! :frantic:

Obviously I am excited about having the NCAA's leading scorer.  But I'm even more tickled about;

> Speeeeeed added to our line up! It will have a trickle down effect.

> Intensity, reports that he is the most insanely competitive guy? Never takes a shift off, gives up on a play. Bo on whoop!...

''Hey Goldobin, hurry up gawd $%^&# it!'' And don't lose your frickin %#*^% check! 

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Further, Gaudette's play style lends to matching up against top players.  

He'll be the closest ''matchup'' centre we have to someone who can keep up to McDavid.  When do we play Edmonton next? 

I know, I know, am I ahead of myself?  Anyway, I can't wait! 

• Like 1