The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On 2018-07-31 at 9:48 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

The 3 highlighted players will make the other 4 expendable.

I agree with the possible exception of granny.. he has a reasonably well rounded game now, and can play up and down the lines on a weaker team like van.. decent depth guy I'd say

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2018 at 6:31 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Nothing is set in stone. Things can change on a dime. If Gaudette proves to be a better option at centre it isn't hard to give him a spot. He won't be fighting Beagle for 4th line C. He won't be fighting Horvat for 1 C.

Sutter is a shut down C and likely Gaudette won't fight for that. It depends on how long Petterson takes to get used to the NHL and to play C.

And some playoff teams this year had 9 centres in their 12 forward group. 

No one took Gaudette's spot. If he plays well he plays on the team. Simple concept.

Moreover teams are still very interested in Sutter who could be a nice piece of a move to land more picks for the Vancouver hosted draft.    

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Moreover teams are still very interested in Sutter who could be a nice piece of a move to land more picks for the Vancouver hosted draft.    

I do not buy into the 'Sutter is an asset to be traded' section. We have a re-jigged roster. There are many, many question marks around goal scoring. ( forwards and d-men  ) My opinion is that JB has decided on two shut down forward lines. If I'm correct, Sutter is going nowhere. It is for this same reason that I think that too many posters are not including Gaunce in our lineup. ( especially for home games )

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

I do not buy into the 'Sutter is an asset to be traded' section. We have a re-jigged roster. There are many, many question marks around goal scoring. ( forwards and d-men  ) My opinion is that JB has decided on two shut down forward lines. If I'm correct, Sutter is going nowhere. It is for this same reason that I think that too many posters are not including Gaunce in our lineup. ( especially for home games )

Agreed. At least for this year. We're going to want what he does as a security blanket for all the kids (along with Beagle) and he has a full NTC. 

In 19/20 however his NTC becomes modified (15 team no trade list...almost as though this was planned with foresight or something from our 'bumbling' GM...hmmm). By the 2020 TDL, we likely have a pretty good idea of where we are at with Gaudette, Pettersson etc at C (and possibly another top C from the 2019 draft).

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

I tend to agree but I know Rutherford REALLY wants him back in Pittsburgh (hearing it from all over) and my guess if the offer keeps improving towards TDL, Sutter will be moved.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I tend to agree but I know Rutherford REALLY wants him back in Pittsburgh (hearing it from all over) and my guess if the offer keeps improving towards TDL, Sutter will be moved.

so why does he keep trading him :lol:? I could see a deal tho for sure with Sutter and a few teams actually. I'd like Gaudette to be on a line with him for most of the year for the experience. 

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I had not heard that rumour. I'm a tad gun shy when listening to rumours/ faux facts from our radio media. I no longer know who to trust. I only tune in to 650/ 1040 when I'm on the road ( couple of times a week ). Once again heard the classic 'if Demers had said okay, Gudbranson would be gone' ( from am650 1pm/ 1:30 pm show ). I'm pretty sure that Sutter would draw a ton of interest. He would be an asset on 31 teams !

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so why does he keep trading him :lol:? I could see a deal tho for sure with Sutter and a few teams actually. I'd like Gaudette to be on a line with him for most of the year for the experience. 

Agreed...and ironic but he also drafted him and I think he feels what the Pens were missing last year was someone like him (or Beagle to be honest).   

6 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

I had not heard that rumour. I'm a tad gun shy when listening to rumours/ faux facts from our radio media. I no longer know who to trust. I only tune in to 650/ 1040 when I'm on the road ( couple of times a week ). Once again heard the classic 'if Demers had said okay, Gudbranson would be gone' ( from am650 1pm/ 1:30 pm show ). I'm pretty sure that Sutter would draw a ton of interest. He would be an asset on 31 teams !

I have not a clue what your radio said on the matter.   This is other chatter.

I know some of you are a bit hesitant about Gaudette because he didn't put up the numbers in his short stint with us at the end of the season, however, I think he's going to be just fine in the longer term.  He may or may not break in to the league right off the start of the season, but at worst, I expect he'll go down to Utica and work hard, improve his game and be ready by next year (or possibly later in the season this year).  He's come a long way since his draft year and he's close.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2018 at 7:41 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Maybe! Once they see what they've got with the kids after a full year, considering all the injuries that the Canucks get in each and every year too. I think the kids, Gaudette, and  Pettersson,  will get NHL ice time, and lots of it. Sutter might give them a chance to move up a spot or three. Plus, by the trade deadline, I'm sure we'll see plenty of Dahlen, Palmu, Jasek, Gaunce, Motte, and Leipsic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I can't believe nobody commented on the fact that Gaudette does these drills both left handed and right handed.........very, very impressive.:rolleyes:

I didn't notice that. Good eye. Very impressive. 

I'm excited for Gaudette once he gets comfortable in the league. Seems like a good head on his shoulders to go with a high skill set

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr.BRR said:

I didn't notice that. Good eye. Very impressive. 

I'm excited for Gaudette once he gets comfortable in the league. Seems like a good head on his shoulders to go with a high skill set

Okay everyone.  The joke is over.  It’s dead.  He changes hands, takes off his shirt, switches to a ball, and turns into his BROTHER! 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay everyone.  The joke is over.  It’s dead.  It’s his BROTHER! 

Wow we got a player that can also transform into his own brother. That's next level $&!#. There is nothing this kid can't do!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2