The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

5 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

I agree. And strome should be closer considering that he was drafted 2 years earlier. However, being closer to the NHL doesn’t add as much to his value to say he should be ranked higher than pettersson. 

Im not saying Strome is bad or that I don’t like him or that I wouldn’t want home on our team, but I do think that if I had to pick between pettersson and strome, I’d pick pettersson every time. 

I would as well. 

Feels weird not to be posting highlights tonight. Gaudette played a game. So where are the snipes?

Adam and Northeastern were shut out 3-0 by UMass Amherst. 

Gaudette had 5 shots on goal and went 15/21 on the dot in the loss.

The weekend series goes back to Matthews Arena tomorrow, so Adam and the boys will get a chance to settle the score.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

I am excited about many of our prospects, but I don't think any prospect has my attention more than Gaudette. I see a lot of Horvat in his play style and skill set. If we get a second center like Bo, it is safe to say we are in for glorious days ahead.

Up until the recent media I believe Gaudette has been very underrated and still do. This kid brings everything to the table and is going to be a real bitch to play against for his opponents I have no doubt.

His relentless work ethic and ability to make teams turnover the puck to go with all his skill is something special and a very very strong team need.

Kids like this turn into great pro's and they almost always will their team to win championships or come real close!

Can't wait to see this kid later this season and I'd be absolutely shocked if he doesn't really impress right away become a fan favorite with what he has to offer.

Edited by The Big Luongo
  • Cheers 1

Remember seeing him live in the summer at the prospects game.  He was damn good. Really impressed how he has built on that great start. 

Gaudette is going to play centre for the nux next year. Really excited to see. Look forward to everyone getting to see this kid here live.

I couldn’t watch this game but given the 5-0 score, Stevens (3G 1A) and Sikura (1G 3A) both getting 4 points, and Gaudette having 6 shots on goal, have to imagine Adam could’ve easily had more than just the single assist if he’d had a little better puck luck.

Another solid night on the faceoff dot too (10/18 or 56% FOW).

Watching the game tonight the Canucks missed what Dorsett brought to the table. Madigan's story about Gaudette and Kevin Roy is what has me excited to see this kid. Sutter is a decent 3rd line centre but he lacks that edge that is needed to go up against the other teams best players. I want that player who has the arrogance and belief that he can go up against any teams best player and go after him for 60 minutes. He may not always bring the same level of skill a McDavid or a Gaudreau has but he will never be outworked. I have watched 10-15 games Gaudette has played this year and his dogged pursuit of the puck is impressive. He doesn't take shifts off and has swagger to his game. If he can bring the intangibles that Kesler and Dorsett brought with some of the scoring touch he has shown at Northeastern we have an important piece going forward.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

In the intermission today, the HNIC crew said the Sedins would like to come back. That means we we'll likely have Horvat, Sutter, Henrik and Gaudette as our centres for next year. That also means we'll have plenty of options in terms of who we want to insulate Gaudette with for next year.

I personally like the idea of playing Virtanen with him as a fast, physical winger to compliment his aggressive, hard-working style. Let them play a fast, up-tempo, north-south game. Eriksson might be a good option as a veteran presence on the line and provide some defensive stability. Maybe Baertschi or Granlund if Gaudette proves he can provide some offense.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, JaboVancouver said:

Watching the game tonight the Canucks missed what Dorsett brought to the table. Madigan's story about Gaudette and Kevin Roy is what has me excited to see this kid. Sutter is a decent 3rd line centre but he lacks that edge that is needed to go up against the other teams best players. I want that player who has the arrogance and belief that he can go up against any teams best player and go after him for 60 minutes. He may not always bring the same level of skill a McDavid or a Gaudreau has but he will never be outworked. I have watched 10-15 games Gaudette has played this year and his dogged pursuit of the puck is impressive. He doesn't take shifts off and has swagger to his game. If he can bring the intangibles that Kesler and Dorsett brought with some of the scoring touch he has shown at Northeastern we have an important piece going forward.

Just affirming again -- he's making this team, if not by signing before season's end then out of camp next Fall.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Just affirming again -- he's making this team, if not by signing before season's end then out of camp next Fall.

Some fans expect half the prospects to be playing for the Canucks next fall. I expect one and that is Gaudette. He has enough offense that he might force his way onto the 3rd line wing. 

56 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Some fans expect half the prospects to be playing for the Canucks next fall. I expect one and that is Gaudette. He has enough offense that he might force his way onto the 3rd line wing. 

Agreed and he can play down the lineup and be successful. Unlike guys like Dahlen and Pettersson who need to be in more top 6 roles. My guess is Juolevi has a spot on the team as well though. I can see 2 of Hutton, Edler(prefer) and MDZ traded this deadline and offseason. Leaving room for Pouliot and Juolevi in our top 6 next season. Holm or McEneny as our 7th D.

22 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Agreed and he can play down the lineup and be successful. Unlike guys like Dahlen and Pettersson who need to be in more top 6 roles. My guess is Juolevi has a spot on the team as well though. I can see 2 of Hutton, Edler(prefer) and MDZ traded this deadline and offseason. Leaving room for Pouliot and Juolevi in our top 6 next season. Holm or McEneny as our 7th D.

I do think MDZ will be moved if Benning is offered a 3rd rounder or higher. I think Hutton gets another year. Unless Joulevi has a great camp I see him starting in Utica. It wouldn't hurt him to get AHL exposure. I am hoping the Holm gets games in Vancouver after the TDL. He could bump Hutton out but Van has a lot invested in Hutton and calling him a wash at less than 200 games is premature. There is lots of development time over the next couple of years. The only pressure will be from management or ownership. Still hoping that McEneny can pressure the RD. Still hoping that Benning can trade TAnev for a 1st Rounder+. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I do think MDZ will be moved if Benning is offered a 3rd rounder or higher. I think Hutton gets another year. Unless Joulevi has a great camp I see him starting in Utica. It wouldn't hurt him to get AHL exposure. I am hoping the Holm gets games in Vancouver after the TDL. He could bump Hutton out but Van has a lot invested in Hutton and calling him a wash at less than 200 games is premature. There is lots of development time over the next couple of years. The only pressure will be from management or ownership. Still hoping that McEneny can pressure the RD. Still hoping that Benning can trade TAnev for a 1st Rounder+. 

McEneny is a LD and I think he's going to push very hard for a spot next year

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

McEneny is a LD and I think he's going to push very hard for a spot next year

After missing most of the season with a knee injury? That would be a heck of a feat... I feel like Holm is ahead of him for now based on his continuous improvement and key role throughout the whole season for the Comets.