The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

4 hours ago, BoeserSnipe said:

Exactly ....and funny how draft position can set realistic or unrealistic expectations for player. Granted the higher you are drafted 'should' suggest you have a higher ceiling but it doesn't dictate the time your development will take - it simply makes fans impatient. The fans will be happy if this kid is a hard working 4th line C at his max because he was a 5th round pick, if he takes 3 more years to get there no one will care (and he'll be 24). But, no one can give Jake or Goldy till they're 24 to show what they are, or Hutton more time to work out the inconsistencies in his game (BTW the great Al Abour once said, it takes about 300 games in the NHL to know what kind of player you have- I go with Al over CDC).

Great point

I'll bet great Ol' Al(legend, no doubt) needed 300 seconds combined for Trots, Bossy & Peanut Butter Potvin.

8 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Anyone else worried he won't sign with the Canucks and go to free agency?

No. this comes up all the time with college guys. All comments by AG and his agent point to him wanting to sign this year.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

He would need to play one more year in College to be eligible for free agency.  He looks ready for the big show next year.  I highly doubt he goes back to College and wastes another year there just to be able to become a free agent...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Why would he not want to come to a team that is building a solid young group of players. He would have a chance to grow up with players like Boeser and Horvat. Maybe he will center a player like Petterson if they use him on the wing. Gaudette has a chance to walk in this year and play nhl games. Opportunity is what they look for.

Edited by appleboy

9 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Why would he not want to come to a team that is building a solid young group of players. He would have a chance to grow up with players like Boeser and Horvat. Maybe he will center a player like Petterson if they use him on the wing. Gaudette has a chance to walk in this year and play nhl games. Opportunity is what they look for.

And making 900k next year vs making nothing sure doesn’t hurt either. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And making 900k next year vs making nothing sure doesn’t hurt either. 

Sure he will. As you said he makes $900K, he comes to a talent starved roster which gives him a real chance to play in the NHL and a sad reality that any player is one shift away from a career ending injury. His agent would be a fool to suggest he wait another year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Pronman is so biased towards eastern teams that is hilarious . He does have the comment that Gaudette seems to have strong ties to the Canucks correct. Gaudette needs to work on his skating , according to Pronman and he is showing some flashes of skill.

Cmon guys enough of the will be sign crap. He’s pro ready, he’s taking an “athlete” degree, he’s come to prospects camp, the money, and what nobody’s saying that I think important......boeser and him are bros! 

You think he’s not looking at boeser and his success and saying “that’s gonna be me!”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, manroth19 said:

Cmon guys enough of the will be sign crap. He’s pro ready, he’s taking an “athlete” degree, he’s come to prospects camp, the money, and what nobody’s saying that I think important......boeser and him are bros! 

You think he’s not looking at boeser and his success and saying “that’s gonna be me!”

pretty much. He's got a buddy on the team and he will get offered the chance to burn an ELC year and a good potential to earn a roster spot. 

• Upvote 1